So, 10 days after my birthday the world is supposed to end.... Well, my rape list will be on hand (every guy has one, stop lying about it). Gonna load my gun, it only holds 1 round but.... you know. Just gonna sit on my back porch staring up at the sky, maybe buy a telescope. But, my general plan has been to just read a nice book, listen to my End of the World playlist. If everything goes to , I'll be heading towards Alaska to preserve the pursuit of science while I watch religion take over and see the world thrown back into the Dark Ages. Feel free to join me, no high school dropouts permitted unless you've actually succeeded in life, so yeah....
This is not true... From day one. There is no way that this conspiracy is true. I'm not saying it's not possible, but I myself think it is a load of crap. And how do Mayans know that the world is going to end.
It better not end... I will get my alienware computer the 25th...
The world is NOT going to end. Honestly, I can only see a few ways... The sun explodes... (which it is not).... World-wide mother-nature event.... (other than global warming, nothing.) There really isnt anything going to happen. Live your life to the fullest if you believe that it will end. cuz im going to enjoy my christmas this year.
I don't really believe in the 2012 apocalypse. In the bible, it said that the world was suppose to end 2010 (correct me if I am wrong) but it didn't and we are fine. The world will end at some point, it might not. I wouldn't really worry about this because the world won't be ending anytime soon. Just live your life to the fullest :)!
The world is not going to end on Dec. 21, 2012. If it does, then it would be entirely coincidental.
Here's a list of arguments I made when I used to believe this thing.
The Mayans' calender ended on 12/21/12. But that's not the only thing.
- Well, the whole Mayan calender thing is fake, as explained a million times above. But you have more, so let's go on.
There's going to be a galactic alignment on that date! In fact, the Mayans played a ball game about it.
- It happens every solstice. The Mayans playing their ball game has as much significance as us erecting a Christmas tree.
But on 12/21/12, we will leave the Age of Pieces and enter the Age of Aquarius! That can't just be coincidence, right?
- According to IAU constellation boundaries, the transition will actually happen at around 2060. But if it did happen on that date, it's more likely that the Mayans were showing off their math skills, rather than predicting an apocalypse.
When the 5,125-year (13 b'ak'tuns) cycle last ended, bad things happened!
- None did.
Isn't it coincidental that our sun is going to be at the peak of its solar flare cycle around that time?
- Sure, it is. After all, 2013 is just like 2012.
Geomagnetic reversals are going to be a serious problem! Aren't you scared?
- Geomagnetic reversals happen over thousands of years. And when did anyone predict anything about geomagnetic reversals?
Terrence McKenna created a graph based on the I Ching that shows "universal interconnectedness," and it ends on 12/21/12!
- First, what exactly is "universal interconnectedness"? And how did McKenna derieved it from the I Ching?
How do you know the I Ching is divine?
You realize that when he first made the graph, it didn't end on 12/21/12, but later changed it so it did. Let me tell you something: that is bad science.
McKenna was on drugs when he did this. Do you expect to take a stoned person seriously?
The Hopi, Indians, Nostradamus, and the Bible have prophecies relating to this!
- They never specified which date the world would end, AFAIK. Nostradamus himself said that he wasn't a "prophet."
But there's this Web Bot program that show that the world will end on 12/21/12! It worked before, after all!
- The results are probably due to the program tracking the mass hysteria that's surrounding the supposed apocalypse. Their other predictions are very vague/pseudoscientific, and they have their fair share of misses.
You see, I got all of that "evidence" from the likes of the History and the Discovery channels. It's so sad that they've decayed from showing educational content into fearmongering people with noninformation. I hope they get charged for manslaughter (for the suicides due to the 2012 hysteria they've brought on).