Alright guys, its time to do some serious thinking of what I played in the past to the present. Boy, this may be hard
10. Counter Strike Source
9. Crash Bandicoot
8. Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
7. Metal Gear Solid
5. Banjo Kazooie
4. Majoria's Mask
3. Little King's Story
2. Ocarina of Time
1. Super Mario World
I also really like Astroids. Like...really like. I'm sort of addicted to that game
1. Pokemon 1st gen
2. Chrono Trigger
3. Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2 aka "legend of the holy sword" 3)
3.5: Sekien no Inganock
4. Final Fantasy 8
5. Harvest Moon: Back To Nature
6. Rollercoaster Tycoon (The first one)
6.5: Saya no Uta
7. The sims
8. Lunar 2: Eternal Blue
9. Super Mario RPG
10. Megaman Legends 2
Super Smash Bros. 64
Toejam and Earl
Star Fox 64
Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES)
Mario Tennis (Gameboy Color)
Tales of Phantasia
Donkey Kong 64
Super Mario Kart
Sword of the New World
Mario Golf 64
1- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
2- Halo 3
3- Star Wars Battlefront
4- 007 Nightfire
5- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
6- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
8- Call of Duty: Black Ops
9- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
10- Mario Kart: Double Dash
10. Minecraft [PC]
9. Super Smash Bros. Brawl [Wii]
8. I Wanna Be the Guy [PC]
7. Super Mario World [SNES]
6. Sonic the Hedgehog [Genesis]
5. Earthworm Jim [SNES, Genesis, PC, Sega CD, bad port on GBA, HD version on XBLA and PSN]
4. Megaman 2 [NES]
3. Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth [Wiiware]
2. Meat Boy [Flash game, Newgrounds. I have yet to play Super Meat Boy]
1. Cave Story [PC, Wiiware, DSIware, coming to 3DS]
Deus Ex, Quake, Mass Effect 1, Mass Effect 2, Serious Sam: the First Encounter, City of Heroes, Privateer 2, Starsiege: Tribes, Rainbow Six: Raven Shield, Everquest
Edit: lol "what is unreal turnament"
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
"When we release a pure bugfix update, people get VERY upset ("NOTHING CHANGED!").. Adding features gives us much happier users. But I do realize that it's only happier users in the short term." - Notch
To me it doesn't really matter what system they are on, they are just games I got into and had a lot of fun playing.
I'll just sum up my reasons for picking them. These are actually Among my top 15 list I made recently and I'm still making my mind up about the ordering.
15. Fallout New Vegas, Not quite as gripping as Fallout 3, but they added some cool things.
14. Shadow of the Colossus, nothing like charging after gigantic ass monsters with a special blade and slaying them.
13. Fallout 3, Liam Neeson, Malcolm McDowell, among others, the story was awesome too.
12. Motor Storm Pacific Ridge, freaking awesome racing game.
11. Elder Scrolls Oblivion, character creation mainly and the DLC, very mod-able game too.
10. Modern Warfare 2, I mean that it is almost the only FPS in my life that I felt pretty good at, Multi-player wise.
9. Soul Caliber 4, it was a cool fighting game.
8. The 007 series, I loved nearly every game from it and don't really choose one over the other. But if I have to, then Everything or Nothing. Loved the whole concept of that particular one.
7. Farcry 2, My next favorite FPSish, that I sucked ass at, but I really mostly loved it for it's map editor.
6. Battlefield BC 2, My friend tells me not to play FPS if I suck at them, but I'm somewhat good at BC2 and I have a lot of fun whether I'm getting raped or not on it.
5. Killzone 3, I mainly loved it's storyline and improved game play compared to the 2nd one.
4. Prototype, because of Alex Mercer.
3. Amnesia The Dark Descent, best horror game IMO.
2. Devil May Cry 3, very likeable characters, awesome story and one of my favorite gaming genres.
1. InFamous, in my Humble opinion, I think InFamous had one of the best story lines of the year, game play was pretty good, and characters were very likeable too.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Quote from mogiks »
Quote from presentfactory »
make 2 picks and a shovel.
Extend your mine, find 14 diamonds.
Expodental... that's a new one. Reminds me of the time I saw someone write "triumelephantly" instead of "triumphantly".
1. Airsofting/paintballing (For all you FPS peopel, why not go out and do it in real life?)
2. Command and Conquer Tiberium Sun (the series gets worse from here on)
4. Fallout Vegas
5. COD Black ops
6. Battlefield BC2
9. Sims 3
These are alos all interchangable according to what mood I'm in
10. Fight Night Round 3
9. Phantasy Star Universe
8. Dead Rising
7. Lost Odyssey
6. Tales of Vesperia
5. Fallout 3
4. Dragon Age Origins
3. Mass Effect 2
2. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time
Special : Minecraft
Not in exact order: Portal - Dark humor combined with a new(ish) game mechanic developed by professionals. At the top mostly because I've fallen for the hype :sad.gif: Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - I <3 time travel, and the rest of the LoZ series is directly under my top 10. Thief: Deadly Shadows - Come out and fight you taffer! Great stealth game, second only to Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory (not in this list because I didn't like the intensity). Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific - It's so very satisfying to hear a congratulatory explosion from a direct hit at 5 NM, and so very challenging to escape destroyers intact. Red Faction Guerrilla - I haven't played the original two, but it's great fun to blow up a building by ramming it with a dump truck covered in mining charges. Age of Mythology (and the titans expansion) - My favorite RTS, which takes place in my second favorite era. X3:Terran Conflict - It's sorta like Eve but single player. Half Life 2 - A groundbreaking (back when it was made hehe) FPS that felt more open than its predecessors Rome: Total War - 'Meh' TBS combined with epic-scale RTS, in my very favorite era Dwarf Fortress (Fortress mode) - Minecraft but more.
Minecraft does NOT make the cut, due to the black screen of doom bugs. I can usually deal with bugs, but not when the developer fails to add enough crash-handling code.
Honorable mentions, in no particular order:
Assassin's Creed series
Left 4 Dead
Hitman: Blood Money
Tomb Raider series
EDIT: I've gone and forgotten Oblivion. How embarrassing.
My top 10 favorite games are as below:
1) Super Mario
3) Sonic Heroes
4) Age of Empires 2
5) Bad Company 2
6) Card- playing games
7) Need For Speed
8) World of Warcraft
9) Starcraft Brood War
10) FIFA 10
10. Grand Theft Auto IV
9. Fifa 09
8. Halo 3
7. Metal Gear Solid
6. Goldeneye5. LoZ: Ocarina of Time (AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH)
4. World of Warcraft (pfffft, that doesn't count, surely)
3. Final Fantasy VII
2. Football Manager 2009 (oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear)
1. Call of Duty 4 (it's not that good! COME ON PEOPLE!)
Oh man, top ten this is gonna be hard. I'll have to make a list then whittle it down. :$ Um ok lets see...
Ok after making a giant list of games and not being able to decide, I'm splitting into 2 categories, first the games most other people would know about, then my weird indie / obscure games that make people go "wtf is that". The first group I couldn't possibly begin to rank, since they are so wildly different. How the hell do you compare Simcity 4 with Fallout 3? o.O All I can say is every game on this list I've played and replayed over and over and over until I got sick of it, put it away, then came back to it years later and replayed it again and again. Its like picking a favorite child. ;_;
EDIT: forgot to include NfS games. >.>
EDIT2: OMFG HOW COULD I FORGET WING COMMANDER 2!?! (It was the first videogame I ever got hooked on!)
Popular / well known games:
- Half Life 2
- Super Mario Bros. (the classic one)
- World of Warcraft
- Fallout 3
- Max Payne 2
- Mass effect 2
- Pokemon Red/Blue
- Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
- Legend of Zelda series (if I had to pick only one, Ocarina of time. Duh.)
- Super Smash Bros.
- Knights of the Old republic (1 and 2)
- Batman Arkham Asylum
- Simcity 4
- Doom 3
- Need For Speed Most Wanted
Indie / Obscure / wtf games
11. Wing Commander 2 (dos-era space-flight sim... man I wish this genre never died)
10. Need for speed offroad (from the windows95 era, when 3d graphics were still new)
9. Unreal tournament (The classic FPS - only on this list because its too old for most people here to remember and wasn't THAT popular, so most have forgotten about it. Could be argued it should be on the other list.)
8. Space Empires 4 gold (old turn based strategy game)
7. Tremulous (free indie FPS with unique gameplay, and is very well balanced)
6. Avernum/Exile Series
6. Ghost Hacker (Free flash game, my favorite Tower Defence style game - find it on kongregate.com)
5. Minecraft (yes, minecraft is still relatively obscure)
4. Torchlight (action RPG diablo-style)
3. Angband (The classic roguelike game)
2. Final Fantasy 2 (The Japanese 2, not the North America 2 which is actually 4)
1. Seiken Desetstu 3 (prequel to Secret of mana, unreleased in North America. Fan translated ROM)