The other day, I was browsing the Forum Roleplaying section of this site. As I couldn't really find anything that interested me (no offense to the great RPs here), I started playing around with the idea of starting my own thread. As more and more ideas popped into my mind, the only thing I really needed was a theme. Since I had recently obtained some Dungeons and Dragons books, I thought it would be really neat to start a D&D adventure here. However, this is a Minecraft-dedicated forum, so I instantly thought of incorporating aspects of Minecraft into this rapidly-growing idea in my head. So, with a warm welcome and an open imagination, I formally welcome everyone to Mineshafts and Skeletons!
--This adventure combines traditional D&D rules and structure with traditional Minecraft gameplay.
--This adventure will consist of 4 to 5 adventurers and 1 Mineshaft Master (me).
--Each person wishing to participate needs to fill out character sheet (found later in this post), which needs to be accepted by me.
--The MM will describe a scenario, and the adventurers can choose whether or not to perform an action (in reason).
--One post constitutes as an action; however, the MM decided whether or not that action is acceptable.
--After the game starts, all adventurers must include //[CHARACTER NAME]// as the first line of every post in order to be accepted.
--To post OOC, please include //--OOC--// as the first line of your post.
--If you are not an adventurer, but would like to post in this forum, please include //..SPECTATOR..// as the first line of your post.
--No god-modding anyone or anything.
--No excessive swearing; however, since this is a medieval setting, language of the times is acceptable.
--Please show courtesy for the game (no trolling, spamming, etc.).
--As with all games, remember to HAVE FUN!!!
(Note: Due to immense complexity of the D&D character creation process, I have made a simplified version that includes only the basics needed for the adventures. Additional information may be added if needed/suggested. I will always have a complete character sheet of every adventurer in this post.)
Level: 1 (All characters start out at the first level.)
Class: (List of available classes below.)
Race: (List of available races below.)
Hit Points: (I will assign hit points based on ability scores, level, and class/race modifiers.)
STR: (Strength) (I will roll your ability scores after character acceptance; you may accept or re-roll them.)
Powers: (I will assign powers after character acceptance.)
Equipment: (List of available items for sale below. All adventurers begin with 100 gold pieces.)
Coins/Treasure: 100 gold (Subtract prices for items bought.)
1) Cleric - A divinely inspired warrior. Key Abilities: WIS, STR, CHA Hit Points: 12 + CON
2) Fighter - A master of martial combat. Key Abilities: STR, DEX, WIS, CON Hit Points: 15 + CON
3) Paladin - A champion dedicated to a specific deity. Key Abilities: STR, CHA, WIS Hit Points: 15 + CON
4) Ranger - A ranged or two-weapon combat specialist. Key Abilities: STR, DEX, WIS Hit Points: 12 + CON
5) Rogue - A combatant who uses stealth and slyness to thwart enemies. Key Abilities: DEX, STR, CHA Hit Points: 12 + CON
7) Wizard - The world's most powerful purveyor of magic. Key Abilities: INT, WIS, DEX Hit Points: 10 + CON
1) Dwarf - +2 CON, +2 WIS
2) Elf - +2 DEX, +2 WIS
3) Half-Elf - +2 CON, +2 CHA
4) Halfling - +2 DEX, +2 CHA
5) Human - +2 to one ability score of your choice
(More to come tomorrow, do not post until this first post is finished.)