I'm not sure if this has been done before, and I'm not sure if "Top Down Minecraft" is a good name for it, but here are the rules. I'm not sure if this will work properly either.
1. I will Project a 5x5 field with you and some appropriate blocks for the surroundings.
2. It is a turn based game, so you will do something, and if it is night time, zombies and other mobs can move around. During the day, many sheep and pigs will spawn.
3. Day and Night: 15 Turns is 1 day. 10 Turns is 1 night.
4. Crafting is allowed after 5 turns.
5. If you die, you restart with 20 HP and nothing in your inventory. The world is automatically regenerated and you don't have a body.
6. ANYTHING can fight back, even sheep and piggies. Sheep and pigs do less damage though.
7. You can only dig after Turn 3.
Those are all the rules. If you need a higher view of the blocks, just ask, and I will get the next block in that column up. = Block is Above, Can't see ground. = Ground Block is 1 Block Below. = Ground Block is 2 Blocks Below. = Ground Block is 3 Blocks Below. The ground will never be more than three blocks below, unless it is a cliff, which is always and 10-15 Blocks below.
Player = because there are no other people faces.
Turn 1: You are in the middle of a field. Up Down Left or Right? First post gets it.'
Turn 3: SHEEP ARMY! Up Down Left or Right? Or Dig? You must be on an adjacent square to fight. WARNING: If you attack 1 sheep they'll all go after you. You'll probably die in 2 turns if that happens. They are heading towards you. BUT, they will pass by if you ignore them. Also, touch them and you WILL get attacked.
I shall roll 2 dice. 1 for damage and 1 for critical hit.
The first die determines damage. Number 1 and 2 is 1 damage, 3 and 4 is 2 damage, 5 and 6 is 3 damage.
The second die determines critical hits. Critical hits make your character do double damage. 5 and 6 make it a critical.
The pig is weak, and therefore does half damage.
I will illustrate the first 2 rounds.
Let's start the battle! Pig has 10 HP
Because this is your first battle, you CANNOT run!
Also, if you suggest interesting ways to attack, you may get a bigger chance of critical or more damage. For Example, if you said "I will do an uppercut punch on the piggy." Then I will roll a 3rd and 4th die. With the 3rd die, if it hits 5 or 6, then you will have 1 = 1 damage, 2 = 2 damage, 3 = 3 damage, and so on. If you get 5 or 6 on the 4th die, then critical chance will be 2/3 instead of 1/3. So 5 or 6 on the 4th die means 3 4 5 and 6 get crits.