Thread specific Server!
Before you open this spoiler, I must stress one thing
You must be a regular poster on the thread in order to get whitelisted. Please, PLEASE do not start cluttery the server thread (or this one) with posts saying, "i want 2 b whitelist" because it will get you nowhere. In fact, it would make the OPs very mad, and likely hurt your chances of getting in at all.
Now with Multiworld!
With Multiworld you can change between our creative mode world or our new RP survival world whenever you want!
On the RP survival world, you can choose between being an Earth pony, Pegasus or Unicorn, with each one giving unique benefits!
Alright everyone, welcome to the new thread! Be sure to follow the rules this time. There is absolutely NO chatting allowed in this thread! That's what THIS is for!
Thanks to CrazyGamer6 for starting the original thread, and converting many of us to bronism!
Base Topic: Hasbro really is the one behind the take-down of pony on youtube.
Archived from the first thread created by CrazyGamer6:
(Any offensive remarks were meant for comedy and the writer of said remarks holds no bias against anybody)
Presuming you haven't heard of this cartoon, that should be a pretty good way of introducing you to it, I guess.
If you still don't get it, a better explanation can be heard here.
Q: Wait, that Q and A up there wasn't that informative, I still don't know a good deal about the show!
A: Oh, sorry about that. It's just "Lol MY LITTLE PONY is fur girls" is a common troll response. Ask away at whatever you want.
Q: Okay, so who are the characters, and why are they so good?
A: Right, so MLP starts out characters in basic tropes, as everything else does. Twilight Sparkle as the Antisocial Nerd, AppleJack as the Working Farmer/Salesman, Rainbow Dash as the Uppity Athletic Jock, Rarity as the Fashoinesta, Fluttershy as the Animal Lover/Shy Girl, and Pinkie Pie as the Cloud Cuckoolander/Hyper-Crazy person. Right that's probably the basic one-dimensional start of it, but by the pilot each of the main characters is assigned a plot-based trait (Twilight: Friendship/Magic, AppleJack: Honesty, Rainbow: Loyalty, Rarity: Generosity, Fluttershy: Kindness, Pinkie Pie: Laughter) so now you have even more characterization. Some of the traits contrast the ponies, some of them don't, although the parts where the ponies go against their traits is usually more entertaining/interesting to watch (As that kind of Trait Vs. Trait conflict adds development). There are also points in the show where they completely lose it, (pretty much every pony goes crazy/insane in season 1), so they're given a very good line of what makes and breaks their characters. Of course, they have additional quirks and stuff, it's not just a combination of their starting personalities and plot-related traits, but listing those would take a while... so If you're interested, have some TvTropes.
Q: Uhhhh, summarize?
A: Some of characters have personality traits that change priorities/conflict with the ponies themselves at times, while some are just written well. When you put these types of characters into conflicts it usually results in some very interesting characters to analyze.
Another thing I hear is that you will personally identify with at least one character, so there's that, too.
Q: What's the deal with the animation?
A: The show is animated in Flash. The characters use a lot of layers (pieces used for animation) for subtle animations and expressions. It uses a thick-line style without using the color black, which is pretty refreshing. They don't always use shots where characters are facing left/right (Like in some modern cartoons) and used plenty of diagonal shots, giving the show a more dramatic feel.
Q: What's the plot about?
A: the plot is centered around the 6 main characters, with the focus shifting to different ponies. It tries to go for both a sitcom thing, and an adventure genre. The plots of the episodes are pretty predictable and stock, but the actual execution is what makes it good. If you want to go for "Adventure Ho!" episodes, try "Dragonshy" or "A Dog and Pony Show".
Q: Why do you guys talk about the show so much?
A: Well, it's a pretty good show, that's always a reason to discuss a show. But there's more to it than that, since the Fanbase is actually pretty good and has crafted it's own Fanon and Subculture around the show. So we also look out for drawings, fan-writing, and other pony-related art.
Q: So I watched it, and I didn't like it. Are you guys gonna treat me like scum or something?
A: As long as you don't flame or upset anyone here, It should not be a big deal.
Due to the size and popularity of this thread, throwing down some rules would be a pretty good idea.
1. Do not post creepy fan-art/links to creepy fan-fics. You can PM it to others if you really want, but save your creepy shipping fan art for your creepy friends. We don't need creepy stuff here. If you think you may be posting something creepy, just don't post it. There is a line-and don't go anywhere near it. Stay away from creepy stuff.
And yes, saucy images count as creepy.
2. Do not feed the trolls. ... Since all they really do is shout "Pedo", "Manchild" and "Gay", they're pretty bland. Heck, I've only seen trolls attack the fans of the show, not criticize the show itself, so they're doing it wrong anyways-they aren't worth your time.
3. This is not an RP thread. Do not role-play here please. PLEASE. Take it to our own Forum, okay?
4. Do not steal ponytars from other forums. Some other forums like SA have a ton of avatars, but don't be jerk and steal their stuff. (Exceptions are only made if people actually say you can have said avatars)
5. This is not a chat thread. Talk about ponies here please, we don't want to risk losing this thread. Make sure that your posts contributes to somepony, in some way.
6. Stay in one thread. Any discussion of pony should probably be in this thread, unless it falls under one of the other boards (Your writing may go on the Arts board, if you so desire). However, there should NEVER be another pony thread on the Off Topic board.
7. Don't derail thread/jack other threads with ponies. I KNOW YOUR KIND! Well, this just common courtesy, but sometimes people forget.
Information about Thread Contents
This thread accelerates at such a ridiculous rate I feel it's almost impossible to fully catalog what goes on here. Hence, page navigation/lists will no longer be made. It is simply too tedious to go through 80+ posts every day.
Somebody drew a **** on the wall! But who did it? It was old chuckleberrybum, doing the kind of "draw-****-on-wall-thing". It was all he ever did. He drew his first phallic object when he was just 4 months old! You see, some people don't find a purpose in life, they just draw dicks. Now, kids get a job and a watermill, so you don't have to draw penises for a living!