The 1.6 version is still a work in progress. Once the PC version for 1.13 is done I can finish the bedrock version.
Extract the zip and put it in the resource_packs folder which is in the com.mojang folder. See "Directories" below to find your com.mojang folder. Then go to Settings, press the Global Resources button, and add John Smith Legacy! You should notice an almost immediate change to the "Minecraft" logo and background.
Once you've downloaded the .mcpack file put it in your resource_packs folder which is in the com.mojang folder. (See "Directories" below to find your com.mojang folder.) Then go to Settings, press the Global Resources button, and add John Smith Legacy. Then restart your game. It may take a while to start up, but once it's done you should notice that the "Minecraft" logo and background have now changed.
Windows 10: C:\Users\(your pc username)\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\games\com.mojang
Can't get the pack to work? Here's some things to try before asking for help:
1. Is there no resource_packs folder in your com.mojang folder? Just make a new folder there called resource_packs.
2. Make sure you are using the correct pack version. For example, version 0.16.x is for all 0.16 versions. (0.16.0, 0.16.1, 0.16.2, etc.) But not all packs are compatible with all versions. 0.15.x will not work for versions 0.16 or 1.0...
(The advice below only applies if you are using the .zip version.)
3. Make sure the zip file is extracted.
4. Is the "John Smith Legacy" folder in your resource_packs folder?
5. If the folder you extracted is called "John Smith Legacy x.x (Extract me!)", or similar, you probably extracted it incorrectly. In that folder there should be a folder called just "John Smith Legacy". Put that folder in your resource_packs folder.
2. Click on the world or Add-On file you want to open (URL, e-mail attachment, etc.).
3. Your device will prompt you to open the file with Minecraft.
4. Click Open in "Minecraft PE". This will launch Minecraft with your selected file.
If you're opening a .McWorld that contains Add-Ons, the game will automatically launch you into that world with those Add-Ons applied.
If you're opening a .McPack, a pop-up notification will alert you that you've successfully imported the pack. Depending on the pack type, this will then be available when editing worlds in either the Behavior Pack Tab or Resource Pack Tab.
John Smith Legacy is a resource pack created by JohnSmith who gave up work on it long ago. Since then the community has taken over work on the pack. Read more here.
Hmmmmm... No, I don't know what's making that happen. That's strange. Many people have been using this pack in Windows 10 Edition without problems. So I'm not sure what could be causing this. Did you extract it? Did you select the pack so that it shows up in the list on the right side above, "Minecraft The classic Minecraft textures."? Try waiting like 15 seconds before loading a world after selecting the pack. Let me know if you get it working.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
If I helped, or you just like my post, please press the button.