I just thought of something, can a device host the server and then the program links to the server and do the commands? Wouldn't that solves the trouble of doing some things? You probably can make the program copy the map too
What more is there to do before creative is fully-functional? The following are the things I've observed which still need implemented:
- Water/lava spread
- Door placement/orientation (+should need ground beneath)
- Trapdoor placement/orientation (+should need wall behind)
- Ladders not turning into signs
- Correct ladder orientation
- Bed placement not glitching with the "update!" block (... I just placed a bed in my world; now my client freezes every time it tries to load the bed)
- Correct torch placement (for walls)
- Mob behavior
- Blocks broken to not make drops in creative mode
- Paintings not turning into invisible blocks
- Fence gate orientation
- Not placing block in hand when hitting doors/fence gates/trapdoors to open/close them
- Breaking redstone ore blocks not dropping TONS of redstone ore blocks (One-time occurrence... can't reproduce XD;)
- Redstone ore blocks lighting up upon hit or contact
- Glass panes changing shape appropriately
- Stairs orientation
- Cactus placement requirements (needs open blocks beside, sand below)
- Sapling/flower placement requirements
- Mushroom placement requirements
- Reed placement requirements
- Wheat seeds not becoming brown mushrooms + placement requirements
- Melon seeds not becoming the glitchy "update!" block + placement requirements
- Wheat growth
- Melon growth
- Sapling growth
- Mob interaction (hitting)
- Bow use not spawning wood blocks; firing arrows
- Sword use not spawning lava blocks
- Hoe use not spawning glitchy "update!" blocks, hoes tilling dirt
- Bonemeal use not creating invisible blocks
- Building off the side of one block/object not replacing the block/object next to it (i.e. try placing a block on the side of a torch, when the torch is already beside a different block)
- Random strips and chunks of different land not sticking (the ones shown before world chunks are loaded)
- Players can often hear "echos" of their own block interactions' SFX (torch placed, block destroyed, etc. most noticeable when moving around as you place.)
Not trying to get down on anyone. There has definitely been progress here, and it's been great progress. But boy, have we got a looong way to go -- even just to get creative working. Especially if we don't try pulling over some source code and algorithms from existing open-source MC server projects. Stay diligent, O coders!
Jacopa, I think your overworking this project, get the basics down first, then focus on adding awesome features. What I'm saying is make sure the program can start and stop a MCPE server without having the application open on a device, IOS or Android, and then focus on adding working commands and server mods.
Also, remember that you are not part of the developer team(you should be), so don't overwork yourself. I would gladly test it for you if you need a beta tester.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Minecraft PE Modder (sort of)
If I helped you, please press the up arrow button thingy in the bottom right hand corner of this post. Thanks.
Hi, I have some questions about item on server.properties !
First, what is "server-type"? I thought it was difficulty but there is one on the list :/
Second is about "server-id". Do I need to set this item?
Lastly, what is "debug" ?