Ok, so even though they didn't officially add full render Distance in 0.7.4, you can achieve it if you follow these simple steps:
But before I start with the steps I'd like to say in my personal opinion if I were you I'd wait until 0.8.0 (which shouldn't be too long now right) since they will be adding bigger worlds and if you have infinite render distance and infinite worlds, you can expect huge lag and lots of space chewed up.
By the way all of these instructions are on windows, I don't know how it works on mac.
1. Firstly, you DO NOT need to be jail broken, you just need iExplorer or iFile. (I will explain using iExplorer.)
2. Plug your iDevice into the computer and go to APPS.
3. Go to Minecraft: Pocket Edition and click Documents, com.mojang, and when it has 'minecraft worlds' or 'minecraft app' click minecraft app.
4. Now, locate the file 'options.txt'
Drag it onto your desktop, (or press edit) and press 'open with' and chose 'wordpad' go down to 'Gfx_renderdistance' it will say =2 or similar, change the 2 to a 0.
5. In the top left, press 'save'
After you edit the options.txt on your desktop, you have to drag the file into the minecraft app folder, and press replace.
6. Exit the wordpad and iExplorer, disconnect your iDevice and open MPCE.
7. Viola, you have infinite view distance
Please feel free to respond.