For this to work, the instructions must be followed EXACTLY. The other tutorial on this forum leaves out the signing process and therefore will not allow the new apk to be installed:
- To start you will need to have the Java JDK installed. ( http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp )
- Secondly, your Android Phone MUST BE ROOTED. Since I am not willing to encourage piracy, this is needed to acquire the app to be modded. Tutorials for rooting your phone can be found on Google.
- You will need a File Manager with ROOT ACCESS installed on your Android Phone. I recommend ES File Manager. It's free. That is also the app I will be using for Once you have downloaded it, press menu and go into "Settings." Scroll all the way down and Check "Enable Root Explorer Functions" or something similar. Click "Allow." If you want, you can check the box below it, but it's not required.
- Once you have done this, assuming you have Minecraft PE already installed, Press the star at the top in ES File Manger.
- Tap "Phone"
- Browse to "/data/apps"
- Locate and long-click on "com.mojang.minecraftpe.apk"
- Tap Copy
- Click the star at the top again.
- Tap Home
- Tap the arrow at the bottom of the screen and tap the app's icon.
- Download this zip file and extract to the location of your choosing Be sure to keep all the files in the same folder: http://www.mediafire.com/?1di3ry2kgiehy6t (This tool is not mine. I simply re-uploaded for convenience.)
- Plug your phone into your computer via USB.
- Drag the Minecraft PE .apk to the same folder as the tool you just downloaded Be sure it is the only apk file in that folder.
- Rename the .apk ending to .zip
- Open it like a normal .zip
- Place your new "char.png" in the "mobs" folder.
*Extremely important steps begin here*
- DELETE THE "META-INF" FOLDER
- UNINSTALL MINECRAFT PE FROM YOUR PHONE
*Extremely important steps end here.*
- Rename the .zip back to .apk
- Open the sign.bat and follow the instructions.
- Drag "your-app-signed" back onto your SD Card.
- Using ES File manager, browse to your SD Card. Tap on "your-app-signed.apk" and complete the install.
- If everything was done correctly, your app should install and run perfectly.
Thanks for the great tutorial, but i can't seem to find the com.mojang.minecraftpe.apk
If you browse to your /data/apps folder, it should show the apps' icons. It should be there. Just look for the Mincraft Pocket edition icon. If it isn't in there, try /data/apps-private. Tell me if you need any more help. And no problem.
And also, your phone IS rooted, correct? I mean you have no trouble getting into that folder?
@Maces No, they see you as Steve. What your basically doing in editing the texture pack of MC's PE default textures. Only YOU can see it. Infact, if you go on MC PE multiplayer, anyone on that server would have the exact same skin since you got a different texture.