[ If this is popular I will definitely expand the structure list and look at adding more races with their own individual challenges, rules and structure lists. ]
This is the Fantasy City Challenge, inspired by the challenge of the same name from several years ago. My aim was to create my own version with a greater degree of customisation to make it more replayable and fun. I strongly suggest you read through the rules before you start and any updates on your progress would be greatly appreciated.
- The Rules -
- Difficulty must be on at least 'Easy' at all times.
- Farms (animals and crops) are not included in the challenge's requirements - you are free to build any farms you want or need at any stage.
- Most of the structures on the 'Structure List' have features in brackets which must be included, but you are free to add more features!
- Don't spawn in items or resources using cheats or creative mode.
- All structures must be connected by a road/path.
- You can exceed the requirements for a certain stage if you want, (e.g.: you can build 3 medium houses at a stage where only 2 are required.)
- The same 'Category 1' structure can be built repeatedly and still count toward the requirement (eg: a city can have 2 fountains)
- Structure List -
inc. = include
- House Requirements -
- Small House(inc. at least 1 room and 1 bed)
- Medium House(inc. at least 3 rooms and 2 beds)
- Large House (inc. at least 5 rooms, 3 beds and a garden)
- Manor(inc. at least 8 rooms, 4 beds and a garden)
- Category 1 -
- Statue - Shrine - Well - Fountain - Bridge
- Category 2 -
- Church(inc. a tower and a graveyard) - Park - Town Square(inc. some sort of centrepiece - like a fountain or a statue) - Tavern(inc. a bar and living quarters for the owner) - Inn(inc. a bar and at least 2 rooms for guests) - Bank(inc. a vault) - Blacksmith - Goldsmith - Tailor - Bath House - Library - Bakery - Brewery - Mine(inc. a storage room and at least one mineshaft) - Quarry(inc. a storage room and at least one pit) - General Store - Alchemist(inc. storage/brewing room) - Schoolhouse(inc. at least 2 Classrooms) - Courthouse(inc. at least one holding cell and a courtroom) - Stables(inc. holding space for at least 4 horses seperately) - Warehouse(inc. lots of storage - at least 18 double chest's worth) - Lumber Mill(inc. storage and woodcutting area) - Outdoor Stage / Theatre(inc. seating for an audience) - Guard Post(a small tower with beds for at least 2 guards) - Lighthouse - Port(inc. a jetty with some small, built boats docked) - Wizard's Tower(inc. a Wizard's Chamber and an enchanting room)
- Category 3 -
- Town Hall(A large building near city centre, inc. the Mayor's office, a hall for speeches and at least 2 meeting rooms) - Cathedral(A huge religious building, inc. at least 1 stained glass window, a tower and some catacombs/tunnels below) - Bastion(A base for your army and guards to operate from, inc. a barracks, eating area, training yard and an armoury) - Gladiator Arena(A place to entertain the masses, inc. a large combat arena and room for spectators) - University(Your city's centre of knowledge, inc. at least 2 lecture halls, 10 dorm rooms, a library and 2 offices) - Castle(inc. a throne room, royal bedroom, a dining hall and at least 2 guestrooms. Can be walled like a traditional castle or more of a fort.) - Great Library(An enormous library, inc. lots of book shelves and at least one enchanting room) - Museum(A place to dedicated to history, inc. main hall and 3+ exhibits about whatever you want) - Royal Theatre(A huge theatre, inc. the entry hall, a main stage, large stands for the audience and a backstage area/dressing rooms) - City Walls(Wall a chosen part - or all - of your city, inc. walkways around the wall and at least one gate and tower) - Harbour(Build a large harbour with access to the sea, inc. at least one large ship and jetties to access it/them)
- Challenge -
- Stage 1 : Humble Beginnings -
- One Category 1 structure
- One Category 2 structure
- Two small houses
- Stage 2 : Laying the Foundations -
- One more Category 1 structure (total: 2)
- Two more Category 2 structures (total: 3)
- Two more small houses (total: 4)
- Two medium houses
- Stage 3 : Building Up -
- One more Category 1 structure (total: 3)
- Two more Category 2 structures (total: 5)
- Two more small houses (total: 6)
- Two more medium houses (total: 4)
- One large house
- Stage 4 : Road to Glory -
- One more Category 1 structure (total: 4)
- Two more Category 2 structures (total: 7)
- Two more small houses (total: 8)
- Two more medium houses (total: 6)
- One more large house (total: 2)
- Stage 5 : Nearing the End -
- One more Category 1 structure (total: 5)
- Two more Category 2 structures (total: 9)
- One Category 3 structure
- One more large house (total: 3)
- Stage 6 : Icing on the Cake -
- One more Category 2 structure (total: 10)
- Two more Category 3 structures (total: 3)
- One more large house (total: 4)
- One manor
So that's the challenge - will you be attempting it? Answer the poll above!