Bow and about 3 or more stacks of arrows. (enchant a bow with infinity I and power V if possible! With infinity, you will have infinite arrows!)
1 or more enchanted diamond swords! (best are sharpness V and knockback V. Fire aspect won't do anything because the dragon is immune to fire!)
A bunch of enchanted pickaxes. If possible, enchant them with efficiency and durability, to mine end stone fast. (endstone is pretty hard)
6 stacks of snowballs. Why? They will stun the dragon like flash grenades in COD and hurt him.
Pumkin. Why? With a pumkin on, the endermen won't see you. Even if you attack them.
Potions. Bring many regeneration potions and strength potions. Don't bring splash potions of damage to throw them to the dragon. I'm pretty sure they won't harm him.
Building blocks. Dirt or cobble so that you can climb up ender towers, build a little base or whatever you want. (about 3 stacks)
Ender pearls. Just in case of emergency if you the dragon is too close.
Diamond armor. (Even better if enchanted.)
A lever and normal piston to collect the ender egg! (Just a little reward for killing the dragon)
How to do it:
First of all, sleep next to the portal because if you die, you will have a hard time finding the portal again. (This took me 2 days. 2 real life days)
1) Enter the portal with full armor, health, and hunger.
2) Briefly explore the area so you become more familiar with it.
3) With your bow, shoot the ender crystals so that the dragon does not generate health. You can shoot them with snowballs, eggs, pearls, or you could climb up and manually destroy them. But that is a bad idea because the explosion might knock you off and kill you.
4) If the dragon come close too you, and you haven't destroyed the crystals, dodge him. Why? He'll eventually regenerate health from the crystals that are not destroyed, wasting you sword.
5) Once you have destroyed the crystals, attack him. Heavy fire. Attack, attack, attack. Don't take your pumkin off. Throw a bunch of snowballs. Do this until you have killled him.
6) Locate the portal to the overworld. Collect the egg and go back to your home sweet home.
To collect the egg, you just have to push the egg with a piston and it will break and be collectable!
That's it. That's how I beat the dragon. Good luck and don't die. (You will die the first time... Seriously, you will)
I had a bow, a stack of arrows, a stone sword, a pumpkin on my head (for the endermen) and some porkchops. I pretty easily shot out all the Gems on the towers, then, whenever he charged, fired an arrow at the head, it does extra damage. Did that a few times before i ran out of arrows, then proceeded to the sword. sword broke, then i climbed a tower, jumped on him, and beat him to death with my fists. It really isn't that hard, i didn't loose a heart.
I was exploring a seed last night in Creative and accidentally fell into the End. Before that my last four kills had been legit.
Last legit time I killed it I brought some snowballs to take out some of the Crystals which worked much better than arrows because I just keep my finger. For the harder-to-reach Crystals I built a 1x1 tower about 10 or 15 blocks from the Crystal I was aiming at. I like building the tower away from the Crystal because it's easier to keep an eye out for the dragon. Once I had the Crystals out I shoot the dragon with bows and took the occasional sword hit when it got close. And, as always, when it's health was down close to zero I moved over near to where my spawn point was and killed it there.
Not really very exciting. Then again the dragon isn't very exciting.
1) Full diamond armour set.
2) Enchanted diamond sword with Sharpness II and enchanted diamond sword Sharpness I, Knockback I
3) Potions of strength x3 (8:00 duration) only used 1.
4) Potions of Instant Health x3 (didn't use any)
5) Potions of Regeneration II x2 (didn't use any)
6) 64 cooked steaks (used 2)
7) Diamond picks x2
8) 2 bows
9) 4 stacks of arrows
10) 1 stack of cobblestone
11) 1 stack of gravel
The steps I took to beat it.
1) Get down off the spawn platform. This was very high in the air. I brought a stack of gravel and a stack of cobble for this eventuality. I didn't matter as the enderdragon pushed me off the platform. (I survived, barely.)
2) Mine large amounts of end stone.
3) Use endstone to build stairs around one of the taller obsidian pillars. As enderdragons can't destroy end stone you won't have to continually rebuild your way up.
4) With full diamond armour the dragon can't hurt you directly, but he can send you flying upon impact. (even when on the ground) This can result in a lot of fall damage and will outright kill you if you are knocked from a tall obsidian pillar.
Holding shift and building walls of end stone a top of the pillar will stop you from being pushed to your death.
5) Destroy the crystals regenerating the dragon's health from a good distance. (i.e. with arrows) The only time I died when fighting the dragon was when I found out how powerful the explosion is up close and was sent plummeting to my death. Most crystals can be destroyed from ground level with the bow and arrow. Try to keep your head down the avoid attracting any enderman attention when walking to a good firing position. Stay clear of the edge of the world as the enderdragon could push you off if you aren't careful.
6) Once you destroy all crystals climb to the top of the tower with the end stone stair case and walls and drink a potion of strength. Shoot arrows at the dragon and hit it with your sword when it closes in (as this does more damage then the arrows) Don't forget to hold shift to prevent an untimely death.
After I defeated it my level went up to 123.
BTW if played correctly, Minecraft is never finished ... maybe beaten is a better word.
I think I may be using this pic in the near future- i'll give credit !
Okay, here's how to kill the Ender Dragon legitly: Before fighting the Ender Dragon!
1. Supply yourself/yourselves! Get plenty of arrows, spare weapons and armor, spare picks, lots of food, potions, and any other items you need.
2. Find a stronghold and put the eyes of the ender in the portal frame. Now, enter the portal and prepare for your fight!
Extra: Note that you cannot return to the regular world without getting killed. You may want to bring extra supplies to the End, make a chest in the End, and put the extra supplies in that chest. You should know that you cannot set your spawn in the End. I've heard that if you put a bed in the End, it will explode!
Extra: A bow with the enchantment, Infinity I, will be very helpful in this battle! Killing the Ender Dragon
Okay, now this is the hard part. There are many ways to kill the Ender Dragon but you must remember this fact: The Ender Dragon can heal itself because of these "purple crystals of healing." Destroy those blocks before killing the Ender dragon by shooting an arrow/snowball at it or mining it.
Okay these are ways to kill the ender dragon:
1. Kill the Ender Dragon by launching snowballs.
2. Kill the Ender Dragon by shooting arrows at it.
3. Kill the Ender Dragon by slashing your sword by it.
4. Try your luck by blowing the Ender Dragon up repeatedly with TNT.
5. Trap the Ender Dragon in a "cage" and then kill it.
6. Kill the Ender Dragon by teaming up with others.
7. Think of another way to kill the Ender Dragon and use that strategy.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation.
Here's how to beat it:
Bring a stone pick and some stacks of dirt.
Also bring snowballs.
Use snowballs to hit the healers and dirt if they are too high.
Punch it to death.
(It may help to bring a group of people. And paintings.)
It's that easy.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Quote from Hesstergon »
anyone who answered no is ethier a liar or chuck norris
Killed the ender dragon several times on multiple hardcore worlds.
I am a very good shot with the bow but I usually kill him with a sword. The main trick is when he gets hit he usually changes direction or "jumps" up a lil bit. I used a bow to kill all the tower crystals, then I would wait for him to swoop down and I would hit him in the face with a sword and he would fly away.
Also wear a pumpkin and you wont have to worry about the endermen. The most important thing though is to never lose track of where he is.
I was wearing diamond enchanted armor (not really high enchants) and a diamond sword of sharpness III. I took out all the healing crystals (once I noticed they were healing it) then waited in the center of the ring for the dragon to come at me. I whacked it every time it got close to me and eventually it died. The end. I didn't even use a pumpkin, had to kill some endermen sometimes. Normal difficulty the whole time. Not once did I change it.
I'm happy because now I can finally start using mods and texture packs and all that, yay!!