As you may or may not know there used to be an awesome thread back in November 2010 which was simply called "Pass it on" The idea was to create a community map made entirely by you guys, and as time passed by it would get bigger to the point hundreds of building was built. It works by having people "borrow" the
map one at a time for a determined amount of time, and during the time the player can build whatever they want (you will be in sp so you need to know how to add maps to your saves folder). Of course only one person can take the map at a time, so you often have to wait until someone returns it. The purpose of this really to show off
your creations/learn from others, and build the ultimate map.
So you want to contribute?
1)To get involved first you have to see the latest post in this thread. If you see the last post has a download link (use media-fire) to the map that the last person posted, make a new post saying "Taken". Do not use reply, just make a new post. After posting, download the map from the previous poster, and start building. You will have a maximum of 4 hours to build, then you must return the map. Once your 4 hours is up save and compress the map to a "rar" file then upload that to media-fire. Once your done that make a post saying "Done" and then post the link.
2) If the last post says "taken" you must wait till he returns the map. Once the map is returned refer to 1.
3) To ensure greifing is kept to a minimum, before you start building can everyone spend 5-10 mins to explore the area to ensure there isn't any greifed buildings. If there is delete the map/ report it, and use the previous map. If done properly greifing will be easily eliminated.
- If you guys have any problems such as uploading, rules, etc feel free to pm, but I think everything should be straight forward.
- the maximum amount of time is 4 hours to build, however you don't need to use all the time available.
Of course Rulezzz: IMPORTANT!!!!
1) No greifing obviously. You will just be wasting your time.....
2) Please don't use hacks such as x-rays texture packs/mods. Its no fun to you or others if you give yourself an unfair advantage.
3) When your 4 hours has passed, and before you return the map please log-out in the same location to were you logged in (which should be default spawn). This is to avoid others logging in 2000 blocks away from spawn if you decided to walk that far.
4) Use common sense: Pretend this is your single player world, which means fill creeper holes, replanting trees, etc.
5) Do not edit/expand other peoples building. This includes taking their materials or building right next to their house. If you decide to build in the air make sure you do not obstruct other buildings sun light. Also if you do want/allow people to edit your building please leave a sign next to your door.
6) Generally I don't care where you build, however I would be better if we built a town rather than have houses/structures spaced out 5000 blocks apart from each other.
7) Not really a rule but you can play on any difficulty, but remember to follow rule 4 if you play on easy-hard.
8) You can "borrow" as many times as you want, however you must allow at least two people to take it before you can. (I may change this by allowing extensions but for now this rule stands)
9) Hopefully no more rules need to be created
I know most of you have mods installed, however the map will be considered a vanilla map to keep things simple. Therefore please don't use mods to play, they may break the map after you upload. You don't have to remove them, just don't use them. If the next person discovers your map is corrupted they wont use it, thus voiding your work.
when you log on you should be on a platform (default spawning point) in a jungle. If you are not there check to see where you are, and if you want you can choose
to walk to x=250, y=69, z= 253 (spawn), or use the previous map. This can be easily avoided if people listen to the rules.
-Seeing that this kind of thread has not been around, I would like to see the results as there has been a lot of content added since November, and I know it can be successful, I have seen it.
-If anyone of you is interested maybe I can make a themed "pass it on", for example creative instead of survival.
-Lastly if anyone finds the original thread please post it, it would be much appreciated
You can use mediafire to upload the files. Once on mediafire download "download express", then from your desktop you can click and drop the map file into a dropbox then upload. Once that is done copy the link here and you should be fine.
P.s However you have to create an account first, and they give a good step by step process how to upload files.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
We are the Minecrafters. Practical is not a word in our dictionary.