1. Don't dig straight down/up
2. never keep a bucket of lava in the hotkey bar
3. If you hear sssssssssssss, turn around and punch that bugger away (I've just had a lot of luck with mob multikills from this)
4. start small, you can't make a mansion on the first night
5. A stack of dirt is useful in almost any situation
6. Armor helps. Alot.
7. Always keep a ton of torches on you at all times
1) If it exists it has been recreated in minecraft
2) Mobs cant spawn on ice. Use this to your advantage
3) If you hear a "SsssSSsss" DONT turn around to see what it is. JUST RUN!
4) Endermen can teleport into your house if it's big enough
5) When in doubt: punch it
6) Mushroom soup is your friend
7) Dont try to build a fireplace in your wood cabin
1. Torches. Torches. Torches. You don't know when you'll need to shed some light on a situation.
2. Armor and high quality weapons are a requirement when hunting in the wilderness beyond your living area.
3. Be aware of your surroundings. Watch where the sun rises and sets. Now check which direction the clouds are moving. Use this as your compass until you can craft a real one. You don't know how many times I've been on a hike and gotten completely lost because I forgot to check the direction I was going.
4. Carry a stack of dirt at all times. Any easily destroyable block will do in fact, aside from sand and gravel. Whether it be a way to quickly reach the top of a cliff, or to scale the steep edges of a mountain, you'll find a use for it. You could build a makeshift hut if you get stranded at night too. Oh the possibilities.
5. Express your instinctual need to fill the hunter-gatherer role. Find seeds, and saplings and start farming as soon as you can. This goes for fenced areas you use to spawn passive mobs, too. You will always need a source of food or wood when you're in need.
6. Stay organized, and when you design a home base or fortress always consider the space you'll need for storage. In many of my SMP homes, 60% of my residence is dedicated to the storage of materials I have collected from mining and farming. The other 40% includes the farms and misc rooms. Remember to make a bunch of signs. You'll be needing them.
7. Have fun! This is just a game, no matter what, so keep a cool head and remember that you'll be back on top in no time!
1. Build shelter by digging into hills, fast and get stone/dirt out of it.
2. Dire situation-change to peaceful
3. Have a fireplace type thing to burn things in.
4. Double chests=GOOD
5. Hold right-click while bow equipped to pull back arrow-very helpful
6. Back up saves.
7. Don't stay away from lava pools. Build a stone bridge and dig for diamond!
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
"DO THE CREEP-AH DO THE CREEP-AH"-Lonely Island...fitting isn't it? Spyke12345
1) If you think you've got enough torches for the cave, ravine, or whatever it is you want to explore, take one more stack just in case... you'll probably end up needing it.
2) When spelunking, place torches on one side only, it'll help you find your way back.
3) You don't have to kill every mob you meet underground, but you should try to light up dark areas to keep them from spawning more mobs in the future. Otherwise you should expect an unpleasant visit from a Creeper.
4) Once you've made your iron sword, iron pickaxe, and iron armor, definitely make some shears too... you'll get 3-4 blocks of wool from each sheep, meaning you can much more quickly make a bed when needed.
5) If in doubt, leave the bed behind wherever you slept last. If you break your bed (to bring it with you) but then die, you'll be going back to your original spawn point...
6) Fishing is an easy, fun and totally sustainable way to get food. Just make sure you've got a 3-block high wall behind you so you don't accidentally fling your fish away.
7) Remember to spider-proof your walls by making a 1-2 block overhang at the top, which should be 3+ blocks tall. Helps keep skeletons from shooting you with arrows, too.
7 rules about your environment and how it tries to kill you:
1) Water is evil. It flows and slows you down, and potentially pushes you into lava.
2) Mobs WILL push you off cliffs every chance they have.
3) You can see the small holes coming from a mile; the big holes, however, are very discreet.
4) Usually, when you are digging straight sideways, gravel will fall on you. If you are anything like me, the whole beach of your island will collapse on your head.
5) Trees hide mobs from your sight in purpouse. they also shelter them from sunlight maliciously.
6) Don't look funny at a lava pit, unless you are wishing to know how your flesh feels while it melts.
7) Sneaking works. It's your mouse finger that tires and let's go off the key so slightly that you don't notice. (This is what the cliffs/ravines want to make you believe)
Minecraft IS trying to kill you in more ways than just mobs.
1. Never dig straight down.
2. NEVER dig straight down.
3. Don't try to sword a creeper.
4. Always cook your meat.
5. It's pointless to mine cobblestone with an iron pickaxe.
6. Gold is worthless.
7. NEVER DIG STRAIGHT DOWN.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Quote from wyrmhole »
What's it like this time of year in Logical Fallacy Land? I hear the weather is always nice because the weather is always nice.
1) 25+ wooden logs and 3 wool by the first night (restart world if untrue).
2) always build next to somewhere where there is water.
3) if unable to find habitable location by night 1, switch to peaceful, sleep, continue walking.
4) have a crafting bench everywhere you go.
5) have at least 64 torches, a couple of wooden LOGS and plenty of coal (64) when mining.
6) always rush monsters before they get the chance to rush you.
7) constantly check your back when out hunting/exploring caves or mineshafts.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
The moment you see my signature, please consider all of my posts as shameless bumps.
1. Always have food. If you go exploring to fill in a map, make sure you have at least 4 cooked pork so you don't starve.
2. Bring ladder when exploring ravines.
3. Don't try to take on more than 3 enemies at once. Walk to them at the right time so only a couple will spot you.
4. Burn everything. :Flint and Steel:
I don't feel like thinking of anything else.
1.Make a nice pit for animals to fall in (use ladders to get in and out.)
2.if your doing a minecraft lp Make a personalized skin.
3.Weaponry is key. No sticks won't do you any good.
4.Wood is your best friend get whenever you can.
5.Be careful. Don't start a wildfire. if you do you will be screwed for the rest of your minecraft life.
7.Don't pirate the game.
1. If you have a bow, you have nothing to fear from ANY mobs.
2. If you lost a bed, don't dig a hole in the ground. Column jump about 20 blocks. This gives you a nice view while waiting.
3. When bored, put everything in a chest and fight mobs barehanded.
4. Keep your storage organized. This prevents confusion in general.
5. Carry mushroom stew items everywhere, but also carry some bone meal for making large mushrooms. One mushroom of either color and 10 bone meal = a hundred bowls of mushroom stew.
6. You are faster and stronger than all of the mobs. Act like it and punch them in the face for pleasure.
7. When in doubt, epic castle on epic mountain.