Should this thread become a general "new release information" thread?
As new updates are released, I will update with accurate information in a timely manner
Information on the previous update will be kept, but removed when it becomes 2 versions old.
Starting this thread a little earlier than the past few, to avoid the inevitable flood of similar posts. Stickied! Thanks!
Beta 1.3 is just around the corner (suspected to be released tomorrow, Feb. 22) and knowing Notch, Jens and the crew, there will be quite a bit to look forward to, as well as a hidden thing or two to tease us. Beta 1.3 is out now!
WARNING: Many people are reporting that their worlds are reverting to earlier states when they are converted to the new format. BACK UP EVERYTHING!
DO NOT ASK WHAT SEEDS ARE/DO HERE.
THERE ARE DOZENS OF OTHER THREADS ABOUT THAT.
From the blog:
Quote from Notch »
* Implemented a new lighting engine with the help of MrMessiahs (can be turned off)
* Changed the options around, added a new “Graphics options” button
* Added beds. If all players in a map sleeps in a bed during night, the game immediately skips until morning
* Added three new half-size blocks
* Added Delay/Repeater redstone dust blocks
* Added whitelisting to the server. To use, enter “whitelist <cmd>” where cmd is “on”, “off”, “add <player>”, “remove <player>”, “list” or “reload”
* New save file format, old maps need to be converted (that might take a while..)
* It’s now possible to have more than five save slots, and to rename saves
* Scrollbars in both the texture pack list, and in the map selection screen
* Replaced the Mojang splash image to reflect the new logo colors
* .. and a bunch of bug fixes and tweaks!
- Monsters can awaken you during the night
- Moving your bedroom above or below ground level makes this less likely
- Beds work differently in SMP
- All players must go to bed for night to change to day
- Wood halfblocks do not catch fire
- All double-halfblocks drop two halfblocks when destroyed now
- Pressure plates only need 2 wood/stone to make now
- Slimes are MUCH more common now
- There is an unused block in the terrain image file. Move along, nothing to see.
- Sandstone can be found naturally. Stop posting about it.
Feel free to discuss, and point out anything noteworthy that hasn't been mentioned before.
This post will be updated as new details emerge. Stay tuned!
WOW! If the pressure plate changes from 3 to 2 that will Definitely save some resources for me, I keep putting my wooden pressure plates in wrong places and have to break them, wasting it(can't be bothered breaking the block its on lol)