- Nether in SMP
- Craftable map item
- Mushroom spread
- More server-side settings available
- Support for 15 record player songs
- Advanced OpenGL was disabled
- Fire has been nerfed and will spread to fences
- Seeds can now only be found from tall grass (and in wheat, of course)
- Altered cobblestone texture (thread)
- Removed Herobrine
- See full changelist above!
New bug - Notch is aware (as far as I am aware)
New bug (Had to change color for colorblind people :tongue.gif:)
- Nether portals do not work in vanilla multiplayer SMP. Fixed in Beta 1.6.
- Doors make sounds in multiplayer...
- ..."Oh god my ears are bleeding because some griefer made an " - Also known as "doors make sounds in multiplayer".
- An item bug where players could pickup items with full inventory. Fixed in Beta 1.6.1.
- Item duplication bug. Fixed in Beta 1.6.2.
- Lighting is not always updated when digging new holes/tunnels, placing torches or setting blocks on fire (in both nether & normal world). Fixed in Beta 1.6.3, broken in Beta 1.6.4, and fixed again in Beta 1.6.5.
- Heavily increased CPU and bandwidth usage on multiplayer server hosts, causing lag. Beta 1.6.3 and 1.6.4 did NOT fix this problem like claimed! Fixed in Beta 1.6.5.(?)
- Items do not eject properly from any block, they will become buried if a block is placed over them. Must dig it back out to retrieve. Fixed in Beta 1.6.5.
- Hatches Close through you even if standing at same level.
- Tall Grass are off centered and can float off edges.
- When pressing Q to drop a tool and re-collecting that tool, when you use it it'll break instantly. Fixed in Beta 1.6.5.
- If you Shift-click to place items chest and the chest is full the screen will change to the "Saving Chunks" screen except there will be no loading bar and the text will be in a lighter shade of grey. The game will then crash and will flick to the error report before the screeen goes black and you cannot do anything.
- Missing tooltips for Tall Grass and Dead Shrubs in Statistics menu.
- Tall Grass looks grey in Statistics menu (because it's color depends on Dirt's block grass color).
- Furnaces can be used for duping. Fixed in Beta 1.6.3.
- Chests may cause crashes. Fixed in Beta 1.6.5.
- Record players (jukeboxes) with records in them will disappear after updating to Beta 1.6 Notch won't fix this, I'm quite sure.
- Water is turning into ice very rapidly. Somewhat a feature.
- Achievements may bug out, causing graphical glitches. Fixed in Beta 1.6.5.
- Cannot place minecart tracks on glowstone.
- All SMP portals go to the same location in Beta 1.6.4.
- Clipping issues.
- Cave rotation is broken.
- Fire does not show up on map.
- On blocks that fire doesn't burn on, fire stays on for longer.
- Web is considered as a solid block, causing a suffocating effect.
- Hatches can be travelled through when closed.
- Maps can cause instability or crashes on multiplayer.
- Saving the game and loading next to a wall will cause player to spawn in wall, causing suffocation damage.
- Framecap may be exceeded. "Fixed" in Beta 1.6.6.
- Bed issues in SMP. Fixed(?) in Beta 1.6.6.
- ...everything in changelog.
- Everything in wiki.
I think that this is official, because juze made it?
In before others, and when Beta 1.6 is out, this thread will be stickied, most likely.
like happens always.
i think you should add pistons to speculations. no confirmation yet. (he said 'not in 1.5', this does not mean that they will be in 1.6)
And there was a 'new web item' or something like that.
WEB ITEM is in 1.5,only pistons are confirmed that will be 1.6,"YEA,NO in 1.5"
... I hate these threads. Why would we sticky this thread when the patch comes out and have to skip thru the 5-10 pages of useless crap that's been posted pre-patch to get to the content. How about a thread is made for the latch when the patch comes out?
Also... notch confirmed already that 1.6 will add the new map item and nothing else new at all expect bug fixes.
Nah, I think giants were just implemented in the coding for the shits n giggles. I don't think it's going to be in the actual game. It would be cool if they were a rare mob, and that they would drop valuable items when killed. (thus, for example, meaning the giants would have 5x the health and strength of a regular mob)
I forgot where I saw it, but Notch said the Modding API won't make it for a while because he's afraid it won't satisfy the crowd or be flexible enough for modders.
He's looking into alternatives or other solutions, though.