Always like this:
1. Torches. (Makes sense for me. While walking around, exploring, this is the item you will use the most. Also, it is what I have selected when I'm not using any item)
2. and 3. Cobblestone and Dirt. (The blocks you place the most when mining or exploring. Also the most expendable blocks. Of course, when I'm building something, I replace these with the blocks I use the most for the respective building)
4. to 6. Pickaxe, Shovel, Axe. (Always in this order, makes it easy to select.
7. to 9. Free slots, filled up according to situation: For exploring or hunting, weapons and a compass, usually. For mining, workbench, furnace and a bucket of water. For building, blocks I need to build.
For day to day purposes:
5. Iron or Diamond Pickaxe/ Building Material
8. Bucket o' Water
For my experimental lab:
1. Gold/Diamond Pickaxe (Infinite durability)
2. Pistons/Obsidian/TNT/Object of Interest
4. Redstone Repeater
5. Redstone Torch
6. Lever/Button/Pressure Plate
7. Sandstone (for laying circuitry on, and visibility)
8. (Bucket o') Water/Lava
9. Source of Light
It's crazy in there.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Avid redstone engineer, mostly with pistons. Latest thread: Piston Trains Revived If you find my post useful, click the +1 button! It shows other people that the post may be useful to them. Of course, it's completely optional. *cocks gun*