Yes and no. Yes, it does add creatures to the game. No, they are not mobs with different skins. They are very, very different. They are their own models, skins, and AI. It adds many new mobs to the game
Think of the world without life, or very little life.
Now, Imagine the world with life everywhere. That is what Mo' Creatures does; it provides a more lively atmosphere. Many people have opinions about it, but there are a few objective facts about it:
1. Horses move faster than man and you can ride/fly them
2. Adds mobs that can break through blocks to attack you
3. Adds mobs that wont despawn if you "tame" them
4. Adds mobs that attack eachother (simulating a "circle of life")
5. Adds a tremendous amount of mobs
6. Adds the ability to enable/disable specific mobs
whether these are good or bad is essentially up to each individual. I would recommend trying it out to find out yourself. :smile.gif:
It's stuff like the ogre that really stops me from considering the mod. MORE stuff that permanently destroys blocks? The creeper is alright for it's rarity.. and it's a one shot deal. The potential for long term havoc is very limited.. even if it's traumatic.
It also just seems TOO packed, you know? At some point the game reaches a point where it feels like it there is just too many things shoved inside. Too busy. Minecraft is partially beauty in simplicity. When you add too much, the game loses focus.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
You tell me that you've heard every sound there is
And your bird can swing
But you can't hear me
You can't hear me