At the moment when you are racing along in your Minecart and you hit a mob (or player) you just bounce back and you have to get out to kill that mob or player. But what if you could just run them over?
That is what I am suggesting.
When you hit the mob, you will hit them and knock them in the direction of the closest adjacent block (if you would of hit them into you they will go forward)
The speed you are going will determine the damage.
As I do not know all the exact speed I can only offer certain speeds.
1) Being 100% player pushed with no other speed beside the forward key Half a heart, Only knocked to next adjacent block.
2) Going the speed as if you were on a straight line of Powered rails: 2 Hearts, Knocked two blocks away.
3) Manually Uphill: No damage or knockback, minecart is instead pushed back.
4) Max speed downhill: 7 Hearts, 5 block knockback
5) Falling Minecart (with nothing inside): 9.5 Hearts, 5 block knockback. (4.5 Hearts if wearing a Helmet)
6) Falling Minecart (With passenger or Furnace/Chest): 10 Hearts, 5 Block Knockback (Only 5 Hearts if Mob/Player is wearing a Helmet).
-When a Minecart hits a mob/player (Regardless of what mob/player) it will lose 10% of its speed.
- When two Minecarts hit each other they will both bounce off each other (as they do now)
- When killed by a Minecart the death message would be (Player) was hit by a speeding Minecart.
-When pushed into a Minecarts path by a Player or mob the death message would be (Player) was pushed into a speeding Minecart by (Killer)
-When killed by a falling Minecart the death message would be (Player) was crushed by a falling Minecart.
-When pushed into a falling Minecart the message would be (Player) was pushed under a falling Minecart by (Killer)
-Minecarts no longer can be pushed when on an unpowered Powered Rail.
-There will be a gamerule called /cartDamage (True/false) that toggles Minecart damage.
-You only take damage if you are in the next block the Minecart will enter (That means pushing from the back/pushing mobs in from the back will not hurt you or them)
-When you damage a wolf or pigman via Minecart, they will NOT agro towards you (unless already mad of course). Also, zombies will NOT summon other zombies when damaged by Minecart.
-Changed downhill damage from 8 to 7
-Added murder death message
-Added Falling Minecart Info.
-Added third question to poll -Added Reduced damage from helmet wearing from no occupant minecarts (Should of been there already) -Added "Gameplay" tag - Poll Results: Mobs will have normal drops. Minecarts will keep the same damage as before poll. The gamerule will be called cartDamage
You should also add the fact that if a mob pushes you in the path of a minecart, it will say (player) was hit by a minecart from a creeper, like the fall message: (player) was doomed to fall by chicken.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
I have a new account called "Mushroomsock" now, so please do not send me PMs.
You should also add the fact that if a mob pushes you in the path of a minecart, it will say (player) was hit by a minecart from a creeper, like the fall message: (player) was doomed to fall by chicken. Support!
I had a vision of the world ending. I shall give you a hint. Mutant Shiba Inus.
Free the Capn! #freeanakata#arrgh | I'm working on another Dogeon! Yay!
Find me at 4chan! /ck/ /v/ /co/ /k/ /s4s/ /c/ Follow @risingbladez