I would like to suggest the idea of powered Minecraft tracks.
Since the release of the Minecart and Minecart tracks in the first secret Friday update. Notch has created the first Minecart vehicle. The mobile chest Minecart was not as effective as first thought and was subsequently changed into a ride-able, vehicle. This change has created many new possibilities in the game. It allows players to create an easy transportation to move around in-game. It is most useful in infdev where maps are limitless. And of course it allowed new contraptions, dubbed "roller coasters", to be made.
Now I believe in addition to the Minecarts there should be a block, item or tool that allows the cart to continue moving without needing any interaction from the player. With the recent secret Friday update it could be made possible using the new red dust item or levers and buttons.
1. My first idea is a self powered Minecart.
Basically you must update the original Minecart and add some red dust and extra iron. The reason for this is people may not one their Minecart to move on their own and since it is an extra feature it should be an upgraded version of the cart. My suggestion for the recipe is this:
- Red Dust
2. My second idea is a power source. When this power source is linked to the tracks it causes all Minecarts on the connected track to go in 1 direction at a fixed speed. Ramps may cause it to go faster but it will never drop below the fixed speed. If the player wants to add more speed he or she can add up to a maximum of 3 or 6 power sources connected together by red dust. The direction of the cart can be changed with a lever, which when activated, causes it to go in the opposite direction direction. The reason why I did not put this idea first is because that switch may cause problems with turnable tracks on your tracks (this may be prevented if the lever is to the power source) and because at the end of the tracks it will be hard to change the direction of the push from the tracks. Although I can see this being fixed by adding an additional power source at the end of the tracks. Anyway my suggestion for the recipe is the following:
- The reason for gold is because its to make it expensive to build and actually give gold a use instead of being a currency. And because gold acts as the conductor and red dust acts as the power source. If the red stuff is actually copper then it should replace the gold bar.
- Also the power source should only be able to be built at a special location such as above water but this can be added in a later update.
3. This idea came to me later but how about a new Minecart that is specifically designed to always move. Much like the first idea this is a clone of the Minecart that always goes 1 direction when placed. Like placing doors the player must place this Minecart in a fashion that will propel another Minecart. In future updates new features could be added to this Minecart such as making it ride-able as well or making it storage like the old Minecart, making it able to have its direction changed by hitting it with a block or your hand, and changing the model in a future update. My suggestion for the recipe is this:
- The gold bar once again to make expensive to make and giving gold a use in the game. I have lots of gold sitting in my chests.
4. Allow the Minecart to be able to keep its momentum forever once it goes down a ramp so that it will be able to keep moving on the tracks. Yeah this is a silly idea but its 1 in the morning and I forgot my other ideas I had while taking a shower.
5. A track that pushes the cart. I cannot take credit for this idea as I found this idea from another thread made by a guy named Green (this thread was also my inspiration to make this post as well).
Quote from Green »
I propose the idea of adding a new track to pull carts up steep hills without using the block exploit to build momentum. It would be crafted from iron some other substance.
Sorry if this has been posted before, I'm new and I just bought the game. I'm loving it
Anyway thanks for reading my thread. Its somewhat a block of text so I thank you for reading it all the way through. Now that I'm done reading I think it was a mistake to make it a block of text because most people will just never read it. One important one being Notch :/
If you require medical attention for this block of text assaulting you; I will gladly pay for your medical bill in gold bars in game when multiplayer infdev comes out.