For a while now I have played Minecraft and I have always wandered why they have not implemented the idea of carrying torches with you, but to also have a glow effect like the torches in the real world would normally have. Yeah it would make things slightly easier but in the wrong circumstances it could make things a whole lot worse. Examples:
Ways it can benefit from having this implemented:
- You would not need to constantly waste valuable resources on making multiple torches to take with you on your journey through mining systems.
- A little bit more easier gameplay, allowing for constant light where ever you walk.
- I would think it would be a pretty nice addition. Nothing to big, nothing to small, something just right to please players.
Ways it could NOT benefit from having this implemented:
- Say you had a group of mobs (2 creepers, 3 zombies, and 1 skeleton) coming after you. All except for the noise, you would not know where they are coming from
- In the case of the subject listed just before this one, you would need to switch from your torch to your sword or bow or what ever weapon you prefer. This can lead to precious time being wasted while trying to escape.
Different Colored Torches Idea:
While playing through Minecraft I have also noticed how bland the standard torches can be. Always having the same color of an orange/ yellow but never any other colors. I have been thinking, why not implement alternate colored torches into the game? Like maybe a green torch that will glow green, a blue torch that will glow blue, a red torch (not redstone torch) that will glow red plus other colors. I would think it would add A LOT more creativity to Minecraft instead of adding some new ore or some new feature that hasn't been completely perfected yet.
Please comment below and tell me what you guys think.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion. ~Abraham Lincoln