UPDATED PIX: Gryphons (Balanced flight for Survival mode)
Poll: Do you support Gryphons in Minecraft?
Do you support Gryphons in Minecraft? - Single Choice
- No 10.6%
- Yes 89.4%
Poll: How do you feel about Gryphons in Minecraft? (Select all that ap
How do you feel about Gryphons in Minecraft? (Select all that ap - Multiple Choice
- They wouldn't be fun 4.5% of Users - 72 votes
- They would be game breaking 8.7% of Users - 141 votes
- They would be unbalanced 9.9% of Users - 160 votes
- They would be balanced 47.5% of Users - 766 votes
- They would enhance gameplay 65% of Users - 1049 votes
- They would be fun 81.7% of Users - 1318 votes
Poll: How would you like to use Gryphons if they were added? (Select a
How would you like to use Gryphons if they were added? (Select a - Multiple Choice
- As beasts of burdens/pack mules/mobile bases (If they had saddle bags) 50.6% of Users - 802 votes
- For trade and breeding 48.9% of Users - 776 votes
- For server play 50.4% of Users - 800 votes
- For single player 62.4% of Users - 990 votes
- For PVP combat 39.8% of Users - 631 votes
- For PVE combat (Against mobs such as zombies and etc) 48.9% of Users - 776 votes
- As transportation 88% of Users - 1396 votes
Poll: If Gryphons were added, you would...
If Gryphons were added, you would... - Single Choice
- Not care one way or another 5.6%
- Be happy if you came across an egg on accident during your travels 11.8%
- Try to keep an eye out for an egg 35.6%
- Search far and wide for an egg, and not stop until you found one 47%
It isn't as complex as it looks. Were you to actually do it in game, it would make perfect sense, my description simply goes into more depth than the average player will need to think about. Essentially: Hold space to flap, continue to hold for gliding. Shift to tuck wings. A and D to turn, W to speed up (if you flap) and enable mouse look. S for slowing down.
Haha i'd like to see that.
Thank you =)
Thanks! I appreciate you reading everything that has been posted so far. Our supporters have been putting a lot of thought into their suggestions.
no sig yay
(this is not how a wild Aerie nest would look, just the player's gryphon at home base)
It would be a 1x2 footprint and place just like a bed.
I would think the egg will be nice in the shape of the dragon egg, but either way nice brooding box!
Support is coming from me!
[Edit: Plus a signature! :D]
Thanks! I very well may.
Ty for your support. I added you to the list of bannerlords in the original post! (people who have used our banner for their signature)
One question: would you be able to execute evasive maneuvers? It would kind of suck if you had your gryphon shot out for under you while flying a hundred blocks above the ground.
Thanks for your support and feedback. And for using our banner =D
And yes you'd definitely be able to perform evasive maneuvers. But also... I don't imagine your Gryphon getting shot out from under you would be too much of a concern. You'd be moving pretty fast. Skeletons already have a hard enough time hitting me when i'm running on foot. Players in PVP would have an even harder time because a Skeleton's aiming A.I. is pretty smart.
Also, the Gryphon would (hopefully) have a lot of health. It would probably take several arrows and/or attacks to even wound one seriously. If well fed, they would regenerate health in the same fashion the player does.
In a way, I mention this in my flight mechanics post. Essentially flapping while banking hard will let you turn very fast, at a penalty of losing most of your velocity.
As for anything more complex, like loops, I do not think it really fits. I am not sure how to justify such a complex maneuver within the control scheme. Either it would be an automatic thing (press button, do loop) which makes it too easy, or you have to be able to go upside down at will, which I don't think you should.
On-topic: I think if Gryphons are added, grenades ought to be added, as they would be great for aerial bombing.
Hm... maybe they could be crafted by putting gunpowder inside a flower pot? (hundreds of years ago, primitive grenades were made out of clay pots)
Huh, could be cool. So like a mini TNT?