Now,dungeon,stronghold,abandoned mineshaft,village chests usually hold a bunch of useless crap. Now,imagine finding something INCREDIBLY rare(like,one in billiotrilliozillion(imagined number,has way too much zeros) chance). The rare items could be used to construct a very powerful device. Now read on:
The holy device,as i named it,is a mind exploding complex device. Let me show how it could be made:
You must find 5 and make 5 holy relics. Here is list how to find them:
The ones that can only be found:
1.Unknown magical iron helmet,resides in dungeons
2. Sacred fiery skull,resides in jungle temples,and can be placed as a block. It emits light when placed.
3. Holy mushroom powder,can only be found in caves in mushroom biomes after breaking a special glowing blue mushroom.
4. Mysterious bowl,resides in master dungeons(i will explain)
5. Rusty iron cross,resides in temples(i will explain)
The ones that can only be crafted:
1. Super cross,requires the dragon egg,ender stone,gold and diamond
2. Crystallized skull,made after combining a skeleton head,fermented spider eye,obsidian,and a diamond.
3. Beacon,i don't even need to explain this one
4. Superior diamond sword,made after combining a diamond sword,obsidian and glowstone dust.
5. Purified soulsand,made after combining soulsand,a ghast tear,magma cream and a nether star.
Now,you need to craft 2 holy parts:
1. Warrior head,made after combining the fiery skull and the iron helmet
2. Sacred machine,made after using the mystery bowl to make a normal mushroom stew and adding holy mushroom powder to the stew,then combining the rusty cross and super cross,then combining crystallized skill with purified soulsand,then combining the beacon and superior sword,then combine all the new items made from previous combinings. Complex,no?
Combine the warrior head and the sacred machine to make the holy nonworking device.
To make it work,you need to add redstone. You just made your holy device. It's a block that requires to have direct access to the sky,nothing,not even leaves must not be in the way. Power it to activate it. It will start to emit light. It has many functions that you can select by right clicking it. To activate them,however,you need to add some more sacrifice. There is a energy meter that you can fill by taking your experience. When filled to the max(should consume about 3 levels),you can access all the functions. The functions are:
1. Shoot enemy,the warrior head emerges from the block and acts as a turret.
2. Heal,heals you and friendly mobs nearby.
3. Thunder strike,makes the beacon effect and thunder hits all enemies nearby.
4. Time stop,stops time for a while,allows you to deal enough damage to enemies,and they will die when time is reactivated.
All functions drain energy(especially time stop),and cause the machine to become instable. Therefore you need to keep an eye out on the stability meter,because if the stability meter goes to zero,a big boom happens and you just wasted alot of time adventuring.
Another thing: You need to travel at least 1 000 000 000 blocks until the dungeons that contain the relics start spawning. This of course doesn't count for the magic mushroom since it can be found in mushroom biomes that generate everywhere
Now,the dungeons where you will find the loot,the loot and of course,mandatory guards:
1. Burial chamber:
Now,this structure looks like a ordinary dungeon,but spawns partially underground and only in extreme hills,taiga and tundra biomes. It has a entrance jutting out of the dungeon,and preferably the ground. Inside is slightly larger than a regular cave dungeon. It has chests filled with various low-worth loot such as paper,books,and rotten crops. You will find valuables in the central chests that have paper,bones,treasure,and of course,but very rarely,the Unknown Magical Iron Helmet. It's guarded by skeletons,zombies and a special mob i will call super zombie. The super zombie is like a transition between a skeleton and a zombie. His eyes are red and glow in the dark(imagine two red eyes staring at you in pitch black darkness,creepy,isn't it?). The super zombie is usually armed with average grade tools(iron).
2. Temple ruin:
An destroyed and ruined church. Looks like a orthodox church. Guarded by rebellious villagers(evil villagers in armor) and sometimes a witch. Can contain a rusty iron cross.
it's simultaneously over complicated, over powered, and pointless. It is, in fact, so overpowered, that to make it fair, you had to over complicate it. No support.
This. I have seen a lot of suggestions, and usually they only hit one of those three extremes, maybe two. To reach this unholy trinity is an achievement in itself. Ironic that it is about a "Holy Device".
Just my thoughts:
If it is going to be so rare that only a handful of people will ever see it "legitimately" (no mods, editors, custom maps, and not using Creative mode), and they have to devote dozens, if not hundreds of hours trying to obtain it, it should be toned down or not added.
Will having this item make the game no longer challenging or give you a large advantage over anyone and anything else? If so it needs to be reduced and balanced. This current item would be like turning Dark Souls into Sesame Street's Once Upon a Monster. It removes any semblance of balance or challenge from the game.
Is there a gap that this item will fill or will it make a part of the game better? This one is obviously opinion, but it's a huge "No" from me. It seems to be an attempt to make the game revolve more around adventure but if you need to make up a number to explain how rare it is, then most people cba to bother with it.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Want some advice on how to thrive in the Suggestions section? Check this handy list of guidelines and tips for posting your ideas and responding to the ideas of others!
Getting the ender pearls to find the stronghold, fill the portal frame, and killing the dragon seems long and face grinding as it is, but this would grind off not only any recognizable facial features but the whole head down to the neck. (I like stretching metaphors) No support.
Way to complicated. I can personally say If this were added I would never legitimately obtain these items and would end up cheating them in in a world I wasn't actually playing, and then probably never touch them again.