i have done it this way since how advancements are lest like optional and more forced. so by adding these in it would give experienced players more things to do, and new players to learn how the game works then rewarding them with those advancements to keep them playing.
To download the other ones you need to make a folder in the versions folder for minecraft and put the client and JSON file for the versions in there. They all need to be named the same aside from file extensions. Once you do that, you will be able to choose that version when making a new profile with the minecraft launcher.
To make #3 more interesting, I would instead make the distance be something like the maximum distance you can survive a fall from if you have Feather Falling 4 on your boots, which is 41 blocks. This could be cheesed of course by landing in water as it completely resets fall damage but falling 8 blocks isn't challenging in any means. Aside from that I like 1-3, but 4 and 5 seem kind of arbitrary.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Want some advice on how to thrive in the Suggestions section? Check this handy list of guidelines and tips for posting your ideas and responding to the ideas of others!
hey, thx for basically a suggestion since what i am trying to do is to show like how advancements can be more like a optional part of the game and could actually teach new players how to play the game, such as 1 since it tells the player what they should craft/find to like help them out, i also updated some of them so i took your advice and now 3. you would fall 30 blocks instead of 8
i have a couple more advancements / achievements that could be added (you don't have to add all of them/any if you don't think its good)
1. Beginning of the end: craft or pick up a eye of ender
2. You shouldn't have: give a villager a flower
3. Lets start from the top: Fall from a block 30 blocks or higher
4. Filling me up: Eat a cake whiles having food poisoning
5. One to many chest: place down 10 chests whiles on fire
respond if you like one of these advancements
1. seems like a normal advancement and makes total sense. Full support.
2. I didn't know this is currently a mechanic. No comment. Doesn't sound too interesting but could be nice for villages.
3. Good idea, because it forces you to be clever (feather falling, bounce blocks, water, slow falling, elytra, etc.) Suggest that you have to hit either a solid block or a lava block to get it because the water method is way easier and more obvious than the rest.
4. Because you eat cake in parts for tiny bits of saturation and you lose poison in parts? Clever, I like it. Good alternative to cake might be rabbit stew.
5. This makes no sense to me and isn't even hard, just do it with fire resistance. Unless by on fire you mean actually burning. Maybe use standing (not crouching!) on a campfire then, instead of being on fire, or standing on a magma block alternatively?
For #3, I feel like it can be a much greater distance due to hay bales and slime blocks. I'd add a condition so using anything that completely negates fall damage like slow falling or water does not count (fall the greatest height and take the highest amount of fall damage possible without dying). But hay bales reduce fall damage to a fifth of its normal value, and according to the Wiki:
An unarmored player with full health and no effects can fall as far as 100.27 blocks onto a hay bale, and still survive with 1 health remaining.
It can be taken a step further, however. Eating enchanted golden apples grant eight hearts due to Absorption 4. Resistance grants 20% reduction per level. When Resistance 2 and Absorption 4 are combined, the player can survive a 61-block fall with half a heart.
I finally maxed out unarmored by falling from a 450-block height onto a hay bale with Resistance 3 (Potion of the Turtle Master) and Absorption 4 (Enchanted Golden Apple). I survived with half a heart.
What I found interesting was surviving a 484-block fall with full Protection 4 and Feather Falling 4 by falling onto a hay bale. No potion effects.
My point is, I think "Let's start from the top" could be much improved upon to make it really feel like a challenge. There's an advancement for levitating up 50 blocks without stopping, so I feel an extreme falling advancement would fit in. I'd say "survive a 200+ block fall without negating fall damage" would be fitting to avoid any possible cheeses whilst still allowing it to work, even in Hardcore. I also feel the name could be greatly improved upon. In keeping with the pattern of name references (Eye Spy, Adventuring Time, Ice Bucket Challenge, etc.) and surviving massive falls, renaming the advancement to "Leap of Faith" or something similar could be appropriate.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Watch out for the crabocalypse. Some say the day will never come. But it will.
Feel free to drop by for a chat whenever.
If you'd like to talk with me about other games, here are a few I play.
Team Fortress 2
Borderlands series (Borderlands 2 is my favorite game, ever. TPS combat is a lot of fun and makes up for the lower-quality story, in my opinion)
Elder Scrolls series
Warframe (IGN is something like That_One_Flesh_Atronach)
Pokémon series (HGSS forever)
Left 4 Dead 2 (Boomer files always corrupt though)
SUPERHOT (SUPERHOT is the most innovative shooter I've played in years!)
Dead Rising series (Dead Rising 2 is one of my favorite games, and the 3rd was a lot of fun. 1st has poor survivor AI and the 4th is bad)
Just Cause series
Come to think of it, I mainly play fighting-based games.