It's not that big of a suggestion, but I just thought coloured leads would be a good idea and is allows more variety and would make the world more pleasing to look at. I don't know if anyone else has thought of this, which is why I'm putting this out there. I hope this does get added to the game as then we wouldn't need a texture pack.
I assume you mean the colored leaves as a result of deciduous trees in the Autumn, albeit it's a bit hard to tell from "I just thought coloured leads would be a good idea" in your post, as well as never mentioning seasons or Fall.
There are two ways to implement this feature:
A biome where the trees are colored reds, oranges, and yellows, and the grass is tinted or there is a different ground block representing a large pile of leaves on the ground. This could have some additional features such as new trees or fall-themed items.
- Allows for a place to collect or find Fall-themed items, fight Fall-themed mobs, etc. Maybe increase the chance of zombies and skeletons with pumpkin heads in this biome, etc.
- Easy to "opt-out" of.
- Relatively easy to program and doesn't require any large overhauls.
- Adding a new biome will throw off the mapgen, meaning that old worlds may have a weird border between older and newer chunks.
Every five or six days, the season will change between Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter. In order to prevent high amounts of chunk lag, these changes will purely involve texture changes, so it won't snow in Forest biomes, but leaves will change to the red, yellow and orange colors.
- You don't need to "find" a Fall biome, and you can enjoy playing in the same base in both Fall and Spring.
- Allows for some cool season-based functionality, such as different fishing or trading tables depending on the season.
- Difficult to opt-out of, unless you want to add a specific gamerule for this purpose. (In which case, you can't opt-out of it on servers)
- Far larger overhaul, not the "easy" option.
Personally I actually lean towards Seasons since I like an overhaul every once in a while, but I'd be happy to support an Autumn Biome if just to build a few builds there. Support.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
My avatar is a texture from a small block game I made in Python. It's not very good and it probably won't work if you install it.
I'm very alone in my Minecraft worlds as I don't have a very good internet connection to run a server. If you're like me, you might be interested in my Posse mod suggestion.