So I recently responded to a "What did you always want to see in Minecraft?" post, and posted several of my best ideas over the last decade of Minecraft evolution. The response I got was so enthusiastic that people demanded I formally suggest these ideas to Mojang. Amazingly, in looking back over my ideas, many of them have come to be integrated into the game in various ways. For instance, one early suggestion I made back in 2010, before redstone engineering really took off, was for Mojang to introduce some "large assemble-able devices into the game" which would facilitate "other useful devices such as a mass item refinery" for players to construct that would give our buildings a purpose (at the time, everyone's builds were almost exclusively aesthetic with no real functionality), and facilitate a second industrial civilization sort of phase to the gameplay. (Side note: Oh my God, I just realized, did I predict industrial redstone engineering back in October 2010? ) Anyway, what I've gathered here are twelve of my best ideas, mostly suggestions for content, a couple being fixes to existing shortcomings, in no particular order. Thanks to everyone who encouraged me to formally suggest these ideas to Mojang.
1. Slimes spawning in rainstorms. This would encourage slime hunting as a fun event activity, and make rainstorms more interesting.
2. Colored slime blocks which do not stick to other color slime blocks. (Lifted this suggestion from Mumbo Jumbo.)
3. Artificial diamonds with less durable properties created by compressing packed coal. (Would need diamond inspecting device to verify diamond purity.)
4. Komodo dragons, and other desert lifeforms, to populate mesas.
5. Precious ores that only generate up inside mountains, rather than deep below ground.
6. Being able to write and draw on maps. (Come on, Mojang, this is a no-brainer.)
7. Shields held lower on screen when not in defensive position. (They just needlessly obstruct our view right now.)
8. Axes given more weapon properties to make them into a viable alternative to the sword.
9. Velociraptors which hunt you in pairs, one distracting you by while another stalks you from high grass. Should also steal eggs and rotten flesh.
10. Clay golem (another prediction?) which turns into a terracotta statue during the day and drops clay or terracotta depending on which form it's in.
11. Biannual obsidian meteorite crash containing immensely rare alien ores and metals. (Maybe a Nether-star-like item?)
12. Lode stones (aka, magnets), which move like falling anvil / sand / gravel toward a magnetic field, attracting or repelling iron.
Hope you guys like these suggestions, it would be a dream if Mojang took the time to implement some of these (I did after all apparently predict industrial redstone engineering, so in my defense I think my ideas have been rather vindicated in hindsight). Would also like to add this honorable mention: PLEASE replace the dispenser / dropper sound effect from that maddening rage inducing clicking sound, this would be so incredibly easy to fix, that click sound has been driving us all crazy for years, I can't believe Mojang hasn't fixed this yet. Anyway, would love to hear all your thoughts on these ideas. What are your top twelve suggestions for Minecraft?
When posting suggestion threads, you are only permitted to include one idea (or closely-related group of ideas) per thread. This thread contains multiple unrelated ideas and is considered a wish list, which is not allowed.