The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Eagle is neutral day-time only flying mob. But when players hunger bar drops to 3 - it will become hostile. It will attack player like scavenger birds attack weak animal. But you can hide under the tree if you want.
It is hard to kill or even notice Eagle, because they flying to high, but you can hear them cry, so you know they nearby.
Eagles are kind of rare mobs, they do not form groups (only one eagle patrolling large territory). Eagles do not fly over Dark Forest, Mushroom, Ocean biomes.
You can stroke Eagle when he attacks, or (better way) to drop rotten flash on the ground and hide (move 6-8 blocks away). It will land and start to eat flesh, that's when you can kill it.
Being killed, eagles drop “Eagle feather” - item for crafting new type of arrows. These arrows will be more powerful than regular arrows. Second ingredient for crafting those arrows - “Shark teeth”.
Why do I suggest Eagle:
1) We need more flying mobs.
2) We need day-time gaming process to be more challenging. Exploring map at the day kind of boring. Of course wee don’t need many hostiles mob at the day, but I would love to have some rare day-time hostile or potentially hostile mobs.
3) “Eagle threat” will force player to be more responsible for keeping hunger bar high.
4) New type of arrows.
Shark is a rare ocean hostile mob (2х2х3 blocks size). You know you are in danger when you see shark fin approaching. They can attack boats (but I don’t sure about that, write in comets what do you think), or they can stay neutral as long as your health bar is full. If your health bar is not full - you are injured, so Shark become hostile. Because sharks can smell blood many miles away.
They do not attack below certain level of the ocean (you can hide from them near ocean floor). Being killed, they drop “Shark teeth” - crafting ingredient. Combine “Shark teeth” with stick and “Eagle feather” and you will get powerful rare arrows (twice more damage then regular, and extended flying range)
Why do I suggest Sharks
1) We need more ocean mobs.
2) Sharks are cool and scary.
4) New type of arrows (twice more damage then regular, and extended flying range).