So this will be a new type of villager. This villager is a bit rare, but is unique. It is like an iron golem. It defends the village and fights anyone who fights other villagers. It is a neutral mob. It attacks you if you attack it, attack a villager, or attack an Iron golem. However, what else can this villager do?
This villager has a 40% chance to spawn with a stone sword, a 25% chance to spawn with an iron sword, a 35% chance to spawn with a gold sword, and 5% chance to spawn with a diamond sword. You can hire this villager using some emeralds to get "protection services" and act like a pet. However, this is a special pet. If you right click your newly-hired villager, an interface will pop up. It has a button which says "Stay" and if you click it, the villager won't follow you and the button will be replaced with "Follow". Next is the inventory. There is only one slot which is for swords and tridents and axes, nothing else. You can replace the villager's weapon. You can feed the villager using food. However, unlike the usual pets you have, it does not accept raw food. It only accept cooked food and apples and pie. The villager can heal and become stronger.
Although, you and the villager will become friends, it will not last longer IF you attack a villager or an iron golem. Anyways, I hope you will add this idea.
The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Just a little nitpick, those percentages need tweaking a little, as they add up to 105%. Now, for the actual suggestion. I quite like the idea of having an alternative to the rarely spawning, extremely powerful iron golems. But wouldn't their job be to protect the village, not follow some traveller around? Also, how many spawn per village? What're the chances of them spawning? I would personally like at least 1 to spawn for every village, with maybe 1 added for every 5 villagers. I just need a few more details.