so they are saying we can't ride dolphins because of "animal cruelty" so why not ride a sea turtle? you may say that would hurt the turtle but were sitting on this large shell and sea turtles are big so I dought it would even hurt they may not even feel it, and if you say riding turtles is animal cruelty then you may as well get rid of riding horses sense that would be animal cruelty as much as the turtle.
now that I got that out of the way lets get into the idea!
so by the title you may ask why the heck would I ask for a rideable snapping sea turtle when there is already a sea turtle ingame, well the simple answer is riding the normal turtle would be to op and I do not want them to mess with the normal turtle so I made my own turtle.
the snapping sea turtle is bigger in size than the normal turtle but not by much and besides size, the only things that make it different is it has a slightly darker texture and its head has a new layer to it which will show it has a bigger mouth. it also not act like the normal turtle, other than being really rare to find, the snapping sea turtle can't be bred, and is 40% slower than the normal turtle.
and while you would think of it as a passive mob the snapping sea turtle is a hostile mob but unlike most hostile mobs it does not go up to you and attack and won't follow you but if you get up to 3 blocks from it, it will look at you and its neck will grow longer for a split second and will bite you taking up to 10hp if you have no armor on.
so when you see one either keep your distance or try to tame it. with that, you may ask how do I tame and ride it when it hates me? you may ask well ima answer that!
taming it is a lot different than other rideable things ingame, but the taming food is kelp, yeah and by that, I do not mean seagrass.
so now the taming process, you hold ten kelp or more and when the snapping turtle bites instead of hurting you it takes the kelp, and it either shows the hearts or the smoke, and then you will have to wait for 1-5 minutes and try again, and once you get hearts you will have to do it two more times. but once you tamed it you will be able to put a saddle on it and ride it.
also, the reason the snapping turtle is a bit bigger and is 40% slower is because I felt the normal turtle is too small and fast in water.
(other things about the snapping sea turtle.)
1. the snapping sea turtle only spawns in normal and deep ocean biomes.
2. you can go up to a wild snapping turtle and not be attacked if you have a turtle shell helmet on or a potion of invisibility.
3. if you're not noticed by a snapping turtle (2.) and try to put a saddle on it, it will become hostile and bite you even if you have a turtle shell helmet on.
4. if you try to tame it with less then ten kelp, it will still bite you and take the kelp.
5. if you try to feed it in the 1-5 minute wait it will take the kelp but nothing will happen.
6. the more kelp you have in hand the higher chance you will be able to tame it and when you have a full stack you have about a 50% of you taming it.
7. when tamed it will act like the dog when someone hits you it will bite them.
8. when riding around on it if you ram into another hostile mob the turtle will bite it.
9. when tamed it will not bite you or other players unless they hit you, but even then it wont chase then but if they get close it will bite.
I think this is a very good idea, maybe change the color to not just be darker than the normal turtle, like brown or grey. It also seems like not much cruelty would be going on, as long as you cant ride it while its walking on land. A boat is much faster so you wouldn't really use it to cross bodies of water (one of the reasons you cant ride dolphins) and its basically an underwater dog.
I see it as more of an underwater horse then a dog since you ride it, while if trying to fastly move across the water you would use a boat, but if you want to travel underwater faster then you could use the snapping sea turtle, not as a way to move around really really quickly but more for exploring underwater faster.
I said above that if you want to get to point A to B then a boat is the most useful, but it is more of an underwater horse, so you can run around and use swiftness and other things that make you go faster, so should that mean we will get rid of horses no, plus should we get rid of cats since you can just use a potion instead?