We could have electric fences in Minecraft. They would be crafted like fences, but you put redstone instead of sticks and iron ingots instead of wooden planks. Electric fences would:
* Conduct redstone current, like redstone dust powered rails.
* Whenever powered, cause 4 1 half-heart per half-second of electrocution damage to any entity touching it. This damage would cause knockback half as forceful as that caused by an attack on a Survival player by an unarmed zombie to all non-flying, non-swimming mobs. This means that squid, currently flying blazes, ghasts, withers, and the Ender Dragon would not be knocked back.
Electrocution damage would be as follows:
* The only entities that exist that are immune to electrocution are Creative players, primed TNT, and items. In practice, though, the wither and the Ender Dragon would never be electrocuted because they would destroy the fence.
* Any mob wearing iron armor or holding an iron tool or sword receives twice as much damage per piece of armor/tool/sword, this multiplier being capped at 16: so someone with an iron helmet holding an iron pick, for example, receives 4 times as much damage, and someone in full iron receives 16 times as much damage. Someone in full iron with an iron sword would receive only 16 times as much damage, not 32 since it is capped at 16. (If you're thinking this is OP, you can escape electrocution by avoiding fences the same way you avoid lava.)
That damage is actually ridiculous for something so cheap. 2 hearts per half second, so 2.5 seconds before dying. I sense automatic spawn camping oncoming.
Also, why would it conduct redstone current? It uses the current to power it...
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Also take a look at this guide if you are requesting builders for a server/project.
Please note, if I deny a suggestion because it is already possible, then I mean it is already possible withing 10 command blocks (That do not spawn other command blocks) or up to 5 creations (Command blocks that spawn other command blocks) to make your suggestion.
If I critique your suggestion I am not hating on you. Learn the difference.
Why would I craft electric fences with redstone and wood? They are made out of metal and sometimes have some plastic. 4 damage every half second and tripled with iron armor, better make sure I have some of these when I play factions because that will really ruin the fight! 8 damage a second is a lot for anything in minecraft, especially a fence that I could out nearly anywhere. This simply sounds very OP and illogical, so NO SUPPORT
This has a ridiculously OP power to it. 2 hearts per second, and double the amount when wearing armour. That is enough to kill you in a matter of seconds, and will be abused for the wrong purpose.
And why would it conduct power the same way as Redstone Dust? We already have Redstone dust to use it to conduct a series of complex redstone mechanisms, I don't see why we should add another that would do the same. (Correct me if I am wrong about this).
The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Well, as everyone has pointed out, that damage is a bit OP... but an already existing version of that (ish) already exists.. the cactus. Since players would be able to just break this as well (I hope because let's not misplace that then eh?) so it would be sort of pointless in the end anyway.
Please teach me how to make things out of dust, anytime I try it just turns back to dust...
We could have electric fences in Minecraft. They would be crafted like fences, but you put redstone instead of sticks. Electric fences would:
* Conduct redstone current, like redstone dust.
* Whenever powered, cause 4 per half-second of electrocution damage. (Electrocution damage would damage all mobs except Creative players, and this amount would be tripled if the mob is wearing any iron armor or equipping any iron sword or tool.)
The recipe shouldn't have wood planks, but iron bars.
4 half hearts? 4 full hearts? Most likely half hearts, and it is extremely powerful. At the very least, it should do one heart every second and double if the player is holding iron tools/sword or wearing iron armor.
It fits into the Minecraft "theme" or "physics" of redstone. But this is ridiculously overpowered. I would only support this if coming into contact with the redstone fence knocked the player or mob back SLIGHTLY as if they recoiled from the pain.
Okay, I made it only cause 1 (half-heart) electrocution damage per half-second, and I made the multiplier of the damage exponential to the amount of iron you're wearing. Knockback now also causes it to be a little less powerful to all non-flying, non-swimming mobs.
Make your idea more balanced,less OP,make it more difficult to craft it. if you are running out of ideas this block could be like the cactus one but with the fence being not able to destroy blocks and making less damage and able to attach to other ones.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move
Though I don't think this is super unbalanced or OP, I just don't think this is a very Minecrafty idea. It seems to be kind of high tech for the land of tree punching and magic potions, the electric fence seems like it belongs in a mod, not Vannila Minecraft.