NOTE: Morganite is a real pink gemstone that is rarer than diamond in real life.
Morganite would be a new pink ore that is a bit rarer than emerald ore. It generates in small veins like emerald, too. However, morganite ore can generate in any biome. Morganite ore can only be mined with a diamond pickaxe and it drops one morganite when mined. 9 morganite makes a block of morganite. A morganite block is a pink, slightly transparent block. If you want to show off how rich you are, you could make some fancy, pink windows from the blocks. By putting a morganite gem in your crafting table, you get 4 morganite dust. This can be combined in a square shape to create 1 morganite.
4 morganite dust around 1 eye of ender makes a morganite eye. Morganite eyes look like pink eyes of ender. If you make a shovel except with blaze rods instead of sticks and a morganite eye as the material, you get a staff of teleportation. It shoots out ender pearls. When used, it gives you a phasing debuff for 5 seconds. If you teleport with this debuff on, you take 4 hearts of damage. This ignores all armor except bejeweled armor (this is shown below). If you have a full set of bejeweled armor, it is lowered to only a heart of damage. It only has 150 uses before it breaks. If my amethyst idea was to get added (look at my signature), it would be 8 morganite eyes around a basic staff. It can be enchanted with unbreaking.
A new, special item that can be created with morganite is the morganite amulet. It is crafted with 7 string in the shape of leggings and 1 block of morganite in the bottom middle slot. The morganite amulet can be worn in the chestplate slot. It does nothing normally. However, it can be enchanted so there is a reason to wear it and it has 10. Every 3 seconds the amulet is on, it must consume 1 glowstone dust to keep working. If there is no glowstone dust in your inventory, it has no effect and loses 1 durability. This is the only way to lose durability with this item. If it loses all its durability, you must add 1 morganite to it in an anvil, costing 3 levels. It can get these special enchantments:
1. Iron Fists: Gives you an infinite strength 1 effect. Up to level 1.
2. Quicksilver: Gives you an infinite haste effect. Up to level 3. If it is on level 2, you get a level 2 haste effect. If it is on level 3, you get a level 3 haste effect.
3. Obsidian Heart: Gives you an infinite health boost effect. Up to level 2. If it is on level 2, you get a level 2 health boost effect.
4. Frog Legs: Gives you an infinite jump boost effect. Up to level 2. If it is on level 2, you get a level 2 jump boost effect.
If you surround 4 morganite around a piece of golden gear, you get bejeweled gear of that type. Bejeweled gear looks like gold gear, but has little pink gems in it. It is exactly like normal golden gear, except it can get special enchantments. Here are the enchantments:
1. Moonlight: Each level acts like a level of protection that only works during the night. However, it adds on to your normal protection enchantment. It can go up to level 2 and can go on any piece of armor.
2. Pack Hunter: If your tamed wolf is nearby, you do a heart more damage. It does not stack if you have multiple wolves nearby. It can go up to level 1 and can go on swords.
3. Scorch: You automatically smelt blocks you break. So if you have it on an axe, you turn logs into charcoal. If you have it on a shovel, clay turns into bricks. If you have it on a pickaxe, iron ore turns into iron ingots. It can go up to level 1 and can go on pickaxes, shovels, and axes.
4. Dripping: Dirt you till is automatically wet. It can go up to level 1 and can go on hoes.
5. Diamond Strength: You can mine everything diamond pickaxes can mine. It can go up to level 1 and can go on pickaxes.
6. Venom: Your sword gives the poison effect for 3 seconds to enemies you attack. You can get fire aspect and venom on one sword. If you have level 2, the poison effect is level 2. It can go up to level 2 and can go on swords.
7. Vampire: When you attack an enemy, you have a chance to get healed a heart. With level 1, there is a 5% chance to. With level 2, there is a 20%. With level 3, there is a 35% chance. It can go up to level 3 and can go on swords.
If my amethyst idea were to get added (like I said earlier, look at my signature), there would be an ability for morganite. You can add morganite to a piece of armor to make the armor invisible because morganite blocks are see-through. However, the player wearing the gear will emit the ender particle effect if the invisible armor has any enchantments on it or any other abilities.
You can now enhance some blocks and items using morganite to make it so you can enchantment them. You can upgrade these blocks/items:
1. Bejeweled Gear: Already talked about it.
2. Bejeweled Boat: The bejeweled boat is crafted with 1 boat and 1 morganite. If this boat was to be destroyed by a crash, you would get your morganite back. This boat can be enchanted with surf 1-3 (increases speed), plated 1 (makes it much more resistant when hitting blocks), and netherbound 1 (makes it work in lava).
3. Bejeweled Dispenser: The bejeweled dispenser is crafted with 4 morganite around a dispenser. This dispenser can get the same enchantments a bow can except for flame and unbreaking. All these enchantments can go to the same level they can on a bow and they have the same effects as they do on a bow.
4. Bejeweled Anvil: The bejeweled anvil is crafted with 1 anvil (cannot be damaged) and 4 morganite around it. The bejeweled anvil can get the unbreaking enchantment and 2 new enchantments called heavy and descriptive. Heavy can go from 1-5 while descriptive only has 1 level. Heavy increases the damage of the anvil when it falls someone. Descriptive makes it so you can change the lore of items on it with a new GUI interface only on bejeweled anvils with this enchantment.
5. Bejeweled Furnace: The bejeweled furnace is crafted with 1 furnace and 4 morganite around it. The bejeweled furnace can be enchanted with molten 1-4 (increases how fast it cooks items) and luck 1-2 (makes it so you have a 10% chance to get an extra item when smelting, level 2 increases it to 20%).
By surrounding 1 morganite dust with 8 redstone lamps, you get 8 mystic lanterns. This looks like a normal redstone lamp, except changes colors and gives off light without being powered. When powered, it stays on the color it was on when powered.
1. Macapple96: Helped me balance out the amulet and the staff of teleportation.
2. TheqoreeZ: Helped me balance out the amulet.
Want to show your support? Add this banner to your signature!
I don't really see how this is overpowered. It is the second rarest ore in Minecraft (first being emerald) and the hardest mineral to get. I can buff the price of the morganite amulet or make it have durability if you guys think I should.
My Avatar is a Dalek, therefor your argument is... EXTERMINATED!!!
You know who can tell me something I already know? Me. All the time. I'm really good at telling me stuff I already know. I don't need help in that department. I don't know about others, but I can't imagine I'm alone here.
Decent ideas, but nothing in the game really warrants this. Level 2 potions are already overkill for almost all purposes in the game; Level 3 and infinite Level 1 potions are pushing it.
That said, I particularly like the amulets; once things are added to the game where you might want infinite Strength 1 (right now things die handily to anything) they would provide an interesting alternative to chestplates. Right now, though, you'll stomp your way through the game with either. IMO, they should require a level 30 enchantment; since each enchantment only has one level, you can just use low-level enchantments and get the same results as a high-level enchantment. Frog Legs should also grant infinite Jump Boost II because JB I is fairly worthless; 1.5 block jumps virtually never appear in nature and JBII would in general make Frog Legs significantly more useful.
The staff makes Ender Pearls somewhat redundant aside from the whole unlocking-the-End-thing. Instead of giving you 50 damage-free teleports, it should consume an Ender Pearl when you fire it and significantly reduce the damage you take from teleporting.
I would like Morganite to have more uses, though. Level 3 potions, amulets, and a somewhat OP teleportation staff isn't much.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Did something happen to you in your childhood to give you this unreasonable fear of rutabaga?