I'm trying to make a portcullis using a method I learned froma YouTube video. I got it to work well in the PS3 version, but I recently bought the PC Java version and now all of a sudden the same portcullis design doesn't work. For some reason, only every other one of the sticky pistons in the bottom row is deploying.
Neither of your pictures show it, but are you sure the repater is on the two ticks described in the video?
Reading the comments to the video (I'm assuming you are John Collin on youtube), it looks liek people started having trouble with this build 4-5 months ago which would be just after 1.12 released (07Jun17).
I'm not aware of any formal changes in redstone behavior that should break this design, but some observer/piston builds also seemed to go wonky with 1.12 so there may be some unintended behavior…
Had you tried this (from a comment to the video from 2 months ago)
"Nutty , Jasonlc=UgzqWJNvg9cTSYXKeMV4AaABAg.8YWYvvMRLfW8Y_JhkTIn7t]2 months ago
Avomance i revamped it using more repeaters with the one you show on 4 ticks. Made the build 1 block wider at the bottom. But it works. I thought it strange as well. I attempted it several times. But hey. My modification got it working and you video got me started... built several of you red stone and love em."
His problem sounds a lot like what you are experiencing:
"Ok So I have attempted this build several times. and it isnt working. Running on 1.12. What is happening is Piston 1 (against farthest wall from button) and piston 3 will work. But piston 2, 4 and 5. The non sticky piston will fire then retract and then the sticky will fire. I have torn it out and rebuilt several times. Not sure what causes this. Great video though like the rest."
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
WARNING: I have an extemely "grindy" playstyle; YMMV — if this doesn't seem fun to you, mine what you can from it & bin the rest.
Okay, finally got it working. I had to get rid of the line of redstone not attached to the repeater, move it back one row, then add a row of repeaters leading up to the sticky pistons. That got it working.