The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Use GMChanger like suggested (and linked to) above, it doesn't do much but that is exactly what makes it super simple to use, you don't even have to install it to use it, i was done in seconds, oh yeah it works in 1.8 as well (well the map was generated in 1.7.10, but i'm playing in 1.8)
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Looking to play on a modded minecraft server. I play nice.
Argh. Beat me to it! But yes, this is correct although you will have to open to LAN every time you load the world.
I use this feature to investigate redstone wiring on custom maps!
Here is how I'd do it:
- Backup your world (just in case something bad happens)
- Note the seed number using F3 (or the seed text if you remember it).
- Create a new world with same game version and same world creation seed number (or name).
- Make sure that new world has CHEATS ENABLED.
- Copy all region data files from the old game world, to the new game world.
In Windows the region files should be in a folder a bit like this :
You should now have a working "copy" of your old world that now has cheats enabled without needing to open to LAN every time you load the game. Or needing to go get a secondary app like NBT helper or the like.