So basically i tend to leave my Minecraft online and go afk but when I do that for long periods of time the logs it saves take up sooo much space on my computer and i want to disable it so it doesnt take up much space but im not sure if its possible
What are the contents of the file (I doubt anything can open that file but you delete it and play for a while to create a new, smaller file)? This could be because the game is spamming errors, as happened in this case (due to a corrupt world, other worlds did not cause the issue).
1. Drag the current copy (right-click-drag) of the world I plan to play (the world as it was before my last exploration) from the Desktop to C:\UserName\AppData\Roaming\minecraft\TempStorage (I created this directory).
2. Drag a copy (right-click-copy) of the world I plan to play (the current world as it exists now) from C:\UserName\AppData\Roaming\minecraft\saves to my Desktop (I have 2 emergency backups should I fall into lava),
3. Check and delete anything found in C:\UserName\AppData\Roaming\minecraft\crash-reports.
4. Check and delete everything with a date (YYYY-MM-DD-#.log.gz) found in C:\UserName\AppData\Roaming\minecraft\logs
5. Open Minecraft and explorer/build to my heart's content knowing that anything catastrophic can easily be undone!!!
Had you done that you could have restored (copied what is on the desktop) to C:\UserName\AppData\Roaming\minecraft\saves and lost nothing except the time it took you to fall into the lava,