So, I like to play a lot of old versions, but mostly the Infdev versions. Therefore, I decided to come up with a new challenge: the Infdev Pyramid speedrun. Basically, in the early Infdev (Infinite Development) versions of Minecraft, brick pyramids spawned periodically throughout the world. Notch implemented them for testing purposes, mostly to test how the game would react to generating such a large structure, on top of generating infinite terrain. For players that are new to Infdev, these structures may be very hard to find, but for seasoned players, they will be very easy to find. So, without further ado, the challenge!
The Infdev Pyramid Speedrun
1. No cheating, hacking, or alteration of the game of any type is allowed.
2. Don't lie about your results.
1. A computer, complete with a monitor, mouse and keyboard.
2. A copy of Minecraft: Java Edition.
3. Any version of Infdev released on the following dates: February 27, 2010, March 13, 2010, March 16, 2010, March 20, 2010, March 21, 2010, and March 25, 2010.
Q: How do I install these versions? A: You must download both the .jar and .json files for whichever version you choose, and then put both of them in a folder, which will be named the same as the .jar and .json files. Then, copy the folder into your versions directory, which is located at %appdata%/.minecraft/versions.
Finally, how to actually do the challenge!!!!
1. Make sure you have a timer at hand, ready to start. Open the Minecraft launcher and locate the version you have selected. After you have done that, click the play button.
2. The timer starts as soon as the title screen comes up, and is not allowed to be stopped at any time during the challenge. . Click the "Generate new Level" or "Create new Level" button.
2.5) If you generate a world, and are not satified with where you spawned (e.g. spawning in the middle of a massive ocean, etc.) then you may generate a new world. However, note that the timer will continue to run, as it is not allowed to be stopped at any time during the challenge.
3. Begin to traverse the world and look for a brick pyramid. Note that it does not matter what difficulty you use, as there are no mobs in this version, but your health will not regenerate if you are not on peaceful.
3.5) Also note that you can only walk in this version, as sprinting was not yet implemented. Swimming across large oceans can also take a long time.
4. When you have found a brick pyramid, you must climb to the very top.
5. After the player has reached the very top of the brick pyramid, the timer stops, and they may post their results online.