Alright guys, I want to see what you guys have to say about these three scenarios... This may get interesting. So please explain why you chose what you did if you can!
1) Would you rather die 5000 blocks from your spawn (or bed) on horseback so you have to retrieve your horse, or would you rather drown in lava wearing full diamond armor while possessing all diamond tools?
2) Would you rather have your favorite redstone creation blown up by a supercharged creeper, or have your wooden house burn down due to lightning and fire spread?
3) Would you rather find a dungeon or an abandoned mineshaft? (A positive question!)
Reply if you wish, but either way, have a great day!
1. This is a hard one. I am going to have to say 5000 blocks, because if I die in lava, I am almost SURE my stuff will be burnt, where as 5000 blocks, I can rush and possibly retrieve some of it, and maybe my horse. So yea, Id rather die 5000 blocks/
2. I'd have to say have a wooden house burnt, since redstone creations take a long time to make and get just right, when I can always easily build a house.
3. I'd have to say abandoned mineshaft, since they have a lot more chests than dungeons, free rails, (usually) multiple spawners, cobwebs, lots of ores, lead into good caves, and more.
1) 5000 blocks away. The reason is that the items/horse would be easily retrievable. They disappear in 5 minutes, but if you aren't near them they don't update, and could be there forever. You could spend a couple hours getting ready to go on your journey without the horse/items disappearing.
2) Wooden house. Wooden house = easy to build. Redstone contraption = not so easy to build.
3) Dungeon. It provides loot as well as mob drop/XP farm
1. Die 5000 blocks away (although I don't use horses, but would still need to get my stuff back)
2. Wooden house (although I don't build with redstone)
3. Mineshafts; far more to explore and mob drops are useless, even arrows with an infinity bow (I don't need any extra XP either, which doesn't fit my playstyle anyway as I pretty much have to get enough XP from normal gameplay for it to be enjoyable; that said, a dungeon (or two) could make an insane XP/mob drops farm with the way I modded spawners so dungeons are actually dangerous; I know when there is a zombie dungeon nearby due to the sheer number of zombies coming after me)