I made this guide because there are so many people out there who CAN'T pvp.
1) If the server you play on has a spawn, or main spawn point the first thing you must do is go FAR away! Go as far as possible. If you build your base a couple 100 blocks away from spawn then you will be raided! A good 100 500-1000 blocks away or more is good.
2) Don't build your base out in the open or above ground. (Unless you are an experianced pvper) Make your base deep underground or underwater.
3) Sky bases are great if the server you play on has /home and /sethome commands. Although if you are unexperianced they can be quite the challenge.
4) Hide your stuff! I wouldn't reccomend hiding your most valued things in your base. Hide them away from your base or underground. ( Chests can be placed in lava and not be burned so you can hide your stuff that way.)
5) Always have food. If you run out of food your doomed.
6) If you play on a server with Factions then I would highly reccomend making your base out of obsidian. Also sky bases made out of obsidian are great!
7) Don't have too many people join your faction. It can be hard to manage and you could have the occasional traitor. I recommend 5-10 people.
8) My secret to raiding even the most powerful factions: Creepers! Creepers can prove to be a great alternative to tnt, which in Faction servers you cant place in another players base. Just lead a creeper up to your enemies base and BOOM! You just punched a hole through their wall! Now go find another creeper and lead him through the wall and into the interior of the base. Let's say you found the store room...just let the creeper explode and take the drops from the chests! ( I reccommend Blast Pro. II or higher armour for this) I call this trick "Creeping"!
That's it for now. I plan to add much more over time! Give me suggestions!
Actually, a sky base with enderpearl elevators is basically the best base you can get, because if you have a bed you respawn there, and you only have to punch your opponents off the base to kill them. The only problem is getting enderpearls, which you'll need to get from an Enderman grinder in the End, which is dangerous because there will be tons of people there.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Allocators are no longer the future, we have Hoppers now. I still like them, though.
I used to be a big PvPer but after several anarchy with donation handouts and Admins giving god swords out to their friends I just decided enough was enough. It's better to be able to protect your things so as to not lose hours worth of play time because of an xrayer or god sword wielder.