How did you came across minecraft? and what was your fist reaction then playing?
1. A friend to me was playing the game much and i was looking it up on youtube. then a other friend start to playing it so i tested it and then buy it :smile.gif:
2. then i first spawn i now trees was important so i did walk to the fist tree a saw and chop it down and then try all combinations in the crafting area until i found the workbench :smile.gif: after that i looked up thing on wikipedia
1. Spawned in a regular area, trees all around, a cave nearby. I went in, hoping to see coal to make torches, but no such luck. I punched a few trees, got log, made it wood, made sticks from it and made a wooden set.
2. I found a flatgrass map for this one. My sandbox level set to hard :biggrin.gif: Creepers = Sheep :biggrin.gif:
I pretty much ignored any mention of Minecraft on a few game sites I frequent, which wasn't hard because it wasn't in all media like it is now.
Then Penny Arcade ran its comics. I did not understand any of what they were talking about in the comics, but if it was good enough to devote a mini-arch of comics to, I figured I'd see what all the fuss was about.
My first map was snowy... and my Laptop begged me to reconsider. In the end the Laptop is the boss.
My 2nd map is so full of naturally hollow terrain that I call it Hollow World, and its what I'm currently still anchored in, doing all my youtube and my minecraft blog in it.
2. I fell down a 1x1x2 hole in the sand and at the time I didn't know how to play. So a day or two passed before I learned that you hold down the left mouse button to destroy. From then on I didn't know what to do.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Quote from MagicalShotgun »
Take a 2 horned creature related to the cow and make it excrete its wastes into a bucket.
I don't remember to well. It was over a year ago that I was browsing the gamefaqs boards for online games to play. On the browser game board there was a topic called "Minecraft" I went to the topic and then went to play a a single player creative game of minecraft. My earliest memories of playing the game are building some yellow and teal cloth blocks and flooding the map with mobs.
1) Discovered it via my brother getting a link to X's Adventures in his You Tube "recommended for you" section and forwarding it to me. Watched the first dozen or so episodes and immediately bought it. Played it a couple hours, called my 2 brothers to come over and try it and we bought 2 more copies a couple hours later.
2) My first 3 nights in game were spent huddled in a 2x2x2 dirt and sand room with no roof in the dark listening to the zombies and things trying to get me and hoping for dawn. Hadn't found any coal or sticks -- didn't figure out until day 4 that you held down the button to harvest instead of madly clicking it :smile.gif:
I play Darkfall and saw some chat about Minecraft on their forums. Had never heard of it but had to look it up after the stuff these guys were writing about it. Found X's adventures on Youtube and after watching 3 or 4 of them, I immediately bought the game.
That was 3 days ago. I just came up for air. I already miss it. Heading back in :smile.gif:
My very first reaction was panic as i could not find any coal anywhere, and I knew from the videos that I needed it for light. Ended up tunneling into a mountain and closing off all but a window hole, just as night fell. Without light I got spawns in my cave!