YASD stands for Yet Another Stupid Death. You typically see these lists in roguelike communities, where death is permanent and more often than not the fault of the player.
Anyway, lately I find myself calling YASD on myself more and more as I play around the indev, so I thought I'd share.
1. Built a pillar to check the lay of the land. Spotted surface diamond; leapt from pillar. YASD.
2. Failed to plan escape contingency for chain reaction TNT mining. YASD.
3. Noticed docile spider in my base. Kept it for a pet. Ambushed that night and knocked down my own mine shaft.
4. Engaged TNT mining before building staircase up mine shaft. Found lava one cell higher than ceiling. YASD.
5. Sniping night monsters from roof of base. Counter-sniped by asshole skeleton. The arrow combined with the fall killed me.
Friend of mine was slain by a sheep on Peaceful when it inadvertently pushed her in to a lava pit.
I'll update as I progress. Feel free to post your (worst?) best.
I make a tunnel under my fort and stumble upon an epic cave with a few diamonds, but full of gold and iron.
went a little further but my pickaxe broke...I lost my way in the massive cave so I started digging upward which took ages since I had nothing to mine the rock with.
turns out that I was mining right beneath the ocean...I drowned as I tried to mine the last block in order to escape.
Found a nice iron ore stream, there was a skeleton and a spider in the room, killed them off no problem. Jumped into a little ditch where the iron was, quick scan of the area yielded no threats. Pulled out my pick-axe and got blown up by a creeper before I even had a chance to swing my pick. YASD.
While getting rid of leaves, I set them on fire, and went back to my base. I left to get some water, and when I came back, my WOODEN house was burned and destroyed and then I walked forward, but forgot the next room had a hollow floor, and fell to my death. YASD.
6. During a watervator on a floating map, I forget about air supply. In a panic, I exit the watervator. YASD.
7. During a watervator on a floating map, a skeleton snipes me out of it and I plummet to my death.
8. After scrapping the watervator idea, I decide to jump to a lower-level pool of water. I eyeball it. YASD.
Honorable mention: Friend drills to bottom of deep map and saves. Later dies. On load, bedrock is lava. YASD.
Spawning in midair on a Small Deep Inland map. YASD.
Releasing lava into a ditch for defense but forgetting to make a way out of said ditch. YASD
Standing on the tile of mining, which makes me fall into a pit of lava. YASD
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
I am NOT going to see friend requests, so stop sending them.
-I was walking on some floating island, and saw a creeper. I walked backward - you know what happened next. I fell.
-I was crafting and went to grab some food. I came back, forgot that crafting does not pause. I was dead.
Having a zombie knock me back into lava and taking a ss of the area I had dug out only to have a creeper come up behind me, I hit it once it moves back yet blows up knocking me off the cliff to my death.
was making my Lava river fortress spider was hiding in ceiling I see it and I go "Oh i'll just ignore it wont jump it jumps hits me not knocking me into the lava so I recover from heart attack and try to kill 5 mobs that randomly appear with soup and pick axes.. YASD