I've been thinking and working on this for about 18 months now; how to build the ultimate PvP environment. One with plenty of spaces to hide, plenty of ways to track and destroy your enemy, ways to gain new armor and weapons and where the environment tries to kill you just as much as the other players do.
I'm pretty sure there are better ideas out there, but my idea was this: to build a huge three dimensional structure (inspired by Clive Barker's vision of hell as portrayed in Hellraiser) with the following features:
- stairways turn into lava streams at random
- arrows shoot out of dispensers in the wall in random places
- silverfish are constantly being spawned to push wimps out of their hiding place
- a big number of minigames and parcours give you a chance at better gear (including a slot machine, a chest opening puzzle and a teleporter game)
- the player can spawn in swarms of ghasts, blazes, vexes and even withers with the right amount of effort (sacrifices will have to be made and the mobs will be hostile to all players)
- it's possible to battle each other in the sky by finding an elytra and firework rockets
- firecharges rain down from the sky at set intervals
- when the last two players are left, sudden death activates (arrowlaunchers go berserk, all stairways fill with lava, silverfish spawn in huge swarms) whoever survives that the longest (won't be long) wins.
Just to illustrate, here's a short trailer I put together for this map:
But I want to hear from you:
- Do you have a better idea for the ultimate PvP environment?
- Do you have any ideas to improve on my initial setting?