Starting July 30th, you will no longer be able to log in to a Curse account that was not merged with a Twitch account. If you have not yet merged your Curse account with a Twitch account, please do so here! Otherwise, your account and its content will be inaccessible.
Some friends and myself started a minecraft server after having played the game so much as kids. I'm still pretty bad at building stuff, though. I built this (attachment) and would really use some suggestions as to what kind of roof I could use or how I could decorate as to make it more asthaetic from the outside (since it looks really bad now). Thanks for any suggestions!
Hey! That already looks pretty nice! I've always loved cliffside houses in Minecraft, they look so cozy. I do have a couple of tips though.
1. Struts and support beams! Not only does it add a bit of realism, but support beams holding up that disc-shaped part at a 45 degree angle stuck in the side of the mountain always look fantastic. Make them out of logs of your choice.
2. A sky-high bridge! When I build cliff homes, I often have to put different buildings in different locations so I don't mess up the mountain, but a high, open bridge between them is functional and also beautiful!
3. You gotta have a lookout tower on top of the mountain. That's a must have!
4. As for the roof, I think that a wooden roof made of either spruce or dark oak would be nice. And you should angle it 45 degrees with the mountain like with the support beams.
5. Last but not least, a quick way down from your castle in the clouds is a good thing to have. Try some slime blocks, or maybe build a really nice garden at the base of the mountain with a pond for you to splash down in!