Just to get 2 questions out of the way - No, this project has nothing to do with avatar whatsoever and no, I'm not dead!
I'm very much alive actually and THIS! THIS is my current project.
I present to you : The first vessel of the fire nation!
Not much of it's theme is visible at the moment of posting this thread but trust me, it's gonna be great!
First, I started with a sword shape for the hull to give it the aggressive look that it deserves to have.
Here is the concept:
To keep the "edge" of the sword (it doesnt have a handle as you can see), I decided to keep the hull rather flat on the top.
Here is the result in the actual game :
Then I went on and added engines to it. I wanted to stick with the shape of the hull, resulting in this:
Here's the build after adding some hardpoints to the hull as well as some armor plates (not sure if they should stay)
And then it was time for the bridge!
Looks like something batman would be the captain of, right? RIGHT!
Here is the last thing I did today - 2 of the 3 heat vents on the rear of the ship.
Just like my previous projects, noteworthy updates and additions/changes will get their own little render and a post will be made to inform you about it, keeping you involved by allowing suggestions, feedback and critique as we get closer and closer to the finished ship with a free download of the world and .schematic file!
So keep the feedback comin' because I'll be counting on it!
The texturepack I'm currently building with is my personal edit of the Creative Node Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.8. TheShadyJester, currently in charge of the CreativeNode official account and server content gave me permission to edit and reupload the texture pack. It will be included in the download of the world when the project goes up for download.
Wool blocks (regardless of their color) are just placeholders right now and will be changed to a different material once the rough shaping of the ship is done.
The project and the texture pack supporting it will be using 1.9 content!
Thanks! That's exactly why I decided to do my projects like that. It's more exciting and allows for some interaction while it's being built than just throwing a bunch of screenshots on the page after completion.
I'm building these completely alone and sometimes, I miss a few things that could be solved better or designed differently.
My idea is that the project becomes a little interactive - provided the amount of input is high enough to include more than just one opinion.
A lot of hard-to-spot changes happened. The one block tall turrents are finally on their respective hardpoints (the yellow hazard striped blocks are placeholders until 1.9 introduces end rods to make their barrels)
Hardpoints have been recolored to red stained clay