Hello, and welcome to Dream Thicket. When it is finished, it will be an amazing server with quests, guilds, factions, jobs, ranks, custom boss fights, custom bosses, and a heck of a lot more. However, after now finishing only the second quest and the first shop, I'm already bored and wanting to play already. So I need help. I need people to fill the first jobs, to build, and to found towns. I have some specific job slots I need filled before I can launch the server and allow the masses to play, using my expanded RAM to accommodate more players. So, here are the jobs. By the way, after the server officially launches and that beta title goes away, you'll have the same job and gear as you did in the beta- even if it is ridiculously overpowered by official server standards. Choose wisely.
(1) Founder: Leader of Wyldnberry, the starting town. Has the ability to set up colonies. Commands the lumberjacks, miners, and carpenters to build colonies and whatever they want. Also commands the people of Wyldnberry and all it's colonies and can rally them to war. Must be mature and build for the greater cause of their nation. Also controls the army, and must supply them with weapons and gear. Can hire adventurers and mercenaries. Cannot join Guilds. Instead, Founders join factions with other nations. Gets paid by taxes.
(2) Lumberjacks: Only people allowed to chop wood and take down trees. Can be commanded by the Founder to cut through thicket to expand towns and make room for colonies. Can sell their timber at any farmers market or hire carpenters to build them their own shop. Can join guilds.
(2) Miners: Only people permitted to break dirt, stone, ores, and collect lava. Can be commanded by the Founder to cut through the Earth to gather resources for Wyldnberry or it's colonies. Can join guilds.
(4) Carpenters: The builders. They purchase their resources from lumberjacks and/or miners, and can also be funded by the Founder. Cannot join guilds, only create and be the permanent leader of guilds. Can be hired to build stuff for people.
(1) Sheriff: Leads the military, catches and/or kills raiders and other criminals, can recruit Constables to help out. Cannot join guilds. Fights mercenaries.
(3) Monsters: Perhaps the most entertaining of the jobs, Monsters build a den in looted dungeons, set their spawn there, dawn a scary skin and are buffed with a near endless supply of overpowered potions. Their job is to feed themselves and terrorize the populace. A monster has to stop being a monster if their den is destroyed and have to become citizens afterwards, so hide your den in a lesser known dungeon.
That's all the jobs for now. There will be more slots available for all the jobs available when the server is completely finished, including Founder (have fun making your own villages!). There will also be many more types of jobs. Here are the jobs that will be available after the beta:
Gladiators: Gladiators go to the Arena and are bet on. They play a variety of pvp mini games inside a huge arena, including Sky Wars, Hunger Games, and Spleef. They are paid every round they win. Can join guilds.
Investors: Investors give money to people like Gladiators, Adventurers, and Jockeys and get money every other round they win. Can fund and invest in guilds.
Pirates: Build a flying machine and take to the skies! Assemble a crew of villagers, golems, and friends, fight other pirates (and the law) and take whatever you want! Cannot join guilds, only make crews of pirates.
Warriors: Warriors are soldiers who fight for the Sheriff of their town. Can purchase their own gear or simply allow the founder to fund them. Get paid per battle you win. One of the most high paying jobs besides Sheriff and Gladiator. Cannot join guilds.
Raiders: Raiders are the ground equivalent of pirates- make small bands of friends, fight the law, and take what you want. Can join guilds.
Adventurers: People paid by investors to clear dungeons, or fulfill quest whenever they feel like it. Aren't bound to a town. Can join guilds.
Mercenaries: People paid by people to kill other people. 'Nuff said. Can join guilds, and pirate crews- but not at the same time.
Shopkeepers: People who own shops and sell their wares for whatever price they set. Again, 'Nuff said. Can join guilds.
Farmers: People who grow crops and livestock and sell their products i farmers markets or from their own shop. Cannot join guilds.
Engineers: Essential to a pirate crew, Engineers can build, maintain, improve, and modify everything redstone.
Griefers: The outcasts of society, they are banned from entering towns. However, can be paid and sent to blow up and destroy enemy bases. One of the most fun jobs ever, and in high demand.
NEW JOB: ACTOR!
Action Hero: Play parkour maps and race other Action Heroes. First to finish gets paid.
Comedian: Play prison maps and other fun minigames. Gets paid by the crowd.
NEW JOB: JOCKEY and BLACKSMITH!
Jockey: Races Horses, Donkeys, Mules, Pigs, and Minecarts and gets cash every round they win. Can be bet on. Can join guilds.
Blacksmith: Makes and sells tools, weapons, and armour. Uses resources received by quests. Can join guilds and pirate crews, but not at the same time.
That's all for now. Thanks for reading this far. Put your gamertag in the comments down below and your requested job and I will be sure to respond in the comments and via XBox Live within 24 Hours. I will be updating and changing this thread constantly and replying to every comment I can. Again, thank's for reading this far, I seriously appreciate it, and have a good day or night!
Hello! The mercenary job will not be available until after the beta, but I will record your name in the tow hall as a mercenary, so as soon as the official public release for the server comes out, you will be the the first official mercenary! I will, however, add you so you can receive the latest server updates, and if you want you can have another job until the beta is over and you become a mercenary. Also, if you want, bring your friends!
Okay, sounds good! Your name is recorded in the townhall as a mercenary and you are free to go! You'll be a Sheriff till the end of the beta. All the jobs at the top are available currently- the ones at the bottom are only available after the beta.
Hello my gamer tag is ProElectron123. I am very experienced builder and I am for another server which still under development. My job for your server will be Sheriff. I might change once alpha is out, but I'll see.
Hello, my gamer tag is Chox11. I enjoy mining most times and I would love the job Miner. There is a high chance I will want to change jobs when beta is over, if that is allowed. Thanks! (By the way, I am a loyal player who will be very active. I also sent a friend request)