Apparently any kind of Saving will boot all players except the host.....They can rejoin afterwards but extremely annoying..
You fixed the auto save last time for us "server runners" when Idle.... now you broke it again! lol
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Check it out for awesome tutorials and constant content!
3. Ender Portals do not go away after breaking the frame in creative mode.
4. Ender Dragon spawn egg does not show up in creative inventory.
The End Portal thing is intentional, I think. It does that on PC as well, but the portal itself should be breakable. The End Dragon doesn't have a spawn egg, to my knowledge, and the egg that appears after defeating the Ender Dragon was also intentionally excluded from the creative inventory.
A few bugs I've come across are that one of my two dogs no longer stays in sit position if I move too far away. Also, my tutorial world has, for lack of a better word, reset. Launching it drops me in a fresh world that uses the same seed, but hints and tool tips don't appear, and the structures are all gone.
-Keep getting booted offline from XBL service cause the game to switch to offline mode(double checked all network related potential issues)
-when I traveled to the END I expierenced massive lag. pretty much unplayable. I was playing splitscreen so I had the other player exit the game. Made no difference then I started destroying the ender dragons health regenerators and that seemed to fix the issue once they were all destroyed.
I agree that this bug is really annoying and I hope they do fix it on the very next bug fix update. As a temporary workaround, I have discovered that if the light doesn't correct when you plant a torch, it will most likely correct when you remove that same torch.
Interestling, we've been seeing that same lighting bug after each update since tu7. In fact, I have several spots on a couple of TU8 worlds right now that do that.
I think this one is different. The one from TU7 occurred right when the world was generated and the light equalized pretty much whenever an adjacent block was mined; however, this was causes the area to go black as blocks are being mined and/or when torches are placed and then might be lightened when a torch is placed and then removed.
though im sure this has been mentioned already, there is a problem with ladders, the same one as when climbable vines we're introduced on pc. while this is obviously not the most prominent bug/issue, i would bery much like to have happy ladders back. other than that im not experiencing any other issues. VERY glad they fixed netherwart and reset nether option.
1. Still not able to access old saves with non-gold user accounts on our XBox. Even without an internet connection.
After reading, UpUp_Away95's reply, i wondered if i did something wrong and went through the system trying everything. Up to unplugging our modem and router and trying every account on our XBox i have access to without a latent internet connection. (Our XBox only connects to our network wireless-ly so this was the easiest method i could come up with to be sure we were offline completely.) Still no dice on the old saves with silver and non-LIVE users, but was able to begin the tutorial and start new seeds with each user account. I don't mean to be sharp, but how exactly do i explain this to the six-year-old who spent nearly a month of privileges (of time on the XBox) to build up her "supplies" to go to The End? Good thing the weather is improving and she can be distracted with riding bikes... i hope.
2. The lighting lag kills. While it's minimal in single player, online/offline multplayer is horrible. I have found a mild work-around, but it's time-consuming and only applies to regular mining and strip mining. Two by one tunneling is currently out of the question. Joy.
3. The chunk loading lag in online multiplayer is positively indecent. Accidentally walking/running into the unloaded chunk/space creates the falling glitch, which can be fatal depending on how hard you finally "land" and whether or not you have aggressive mobs nearby. Never ride a minecart into it... ouch.
4. Block lag is still ever-present. Disappearing, reappearing blocks, oh how i loathe thee...
5. Creeper lag. These little buggers were a challenge before, but now there is no getting away from them. They walk up, begin to explode, and then freeze. Oh, i could move around, but nothing i did had any affect on the environment and even though i was running like the dickens when i saw it "revving" up, i still took five hearts of damage, suddenly was back in front of my house, and was being attacked by a couple skeletons. This all took about a minute to happen, too. I noticed as i was trying to run for my life, the other mobs in the area were "frozen" as well. I died and it really shouldn't have happened like that. I was in online multiplayer and was not the host. (Found a visual example here, if it helps.)
6. When respawning, after the new (and particularly glorious) creeper lag killed me, i was stuck in the falling glitch for nearly three minutes. I promptly took a heart and a half of damage when i "landed" next to the bed. I was in online multiplayer and not the host.
7. Sounds. (I) Experience orbs. They should be based off of the original sound (heard here) unless this is a change 4J Studios either thought would be worthwhile or for some reason couldn't port the original. I don't know. (II) Still no sound with water and lava. Is it a necessary sound? I suppose not, but it is very weird without it. (III) Chests doing the double opening/closing sounds when you use them. (IV) Some sounds are (still) significantly louder than others (i.e. breaking leaves, grass blocks, sheep baa-ing, etc.). (V) Passive mobs still make the "crunch" sound like they're taking damage when moving up and down blocks or simply jumping against them.
I love Minecraft and i don't want to be on the "wth" bandwagon, yet it can't be helped. I'm all for satisfying customers, but never would i try it when the consequence is the customer's actual satisfaction with the product. The lighting issue alone means this shouldn't have been pushed to the certification process with Microsoft.
I haven't had much time to explore the update; but early this morning, we did download it with a gold profile signed into the Xbox. Then the gold profile signed out, and I did play for a short while using an offline only profile while it was the only profile signed into the Xbox. I saved and reloaded both an old world and an newly created one just fine. Obviously, online was not available to be checked in this case.
(Please Note: I'm not disputing anything that's been said so far... just adding some more specific information to the conversation to help 4J sort this issue out quickly... hopefully).
Okay so I know that pitch variance for xp orbs is supposed to happen, but for some reason the pitch in general is definitely a lot higher than it is in the PC version. In other words, there is pitch variance, but the sounds all chime really high (like it's all raised an octave) for me. I suppose that could be intended, but just in case it is a bug I thought I would include it here.
yes its definitely not right. Not sure why this is the second time they have worked on it and its still will not playing the correct sounds. 1 out of every 10 plays the correct pitch. I hope that in the next bugfix they correct some of the sounds, like mobs sounding like taking damage when jumping, correct xp orb variance, and ender eyes being thrown, right now the ender eye sounds like an old lady kissing you on the cheek. heh.
Really hoping they see this and correct all these sounds, even the chest opening and closing sounds off sometimes it has a lower sound, theres more sounds that are off i just cant remember them right now.
Edit* The other sound thats not working also is the obsidian when lava and water collide, so thats about 4 or 5 sounds that are off so far that i know of.
I just played my world after the update came out, and i do not have online game checked, but it insists that it is an online game and that it cannot let me play by myself.
I've noticed MC is now automatically checking online if the user account is gold. We haven't had the problem with being able to uncheck it, but having it automatically checked for us is annoying. None of us will always play online. If you can't uncheck the online game, maybe check "Invite Only" so you can play without interuption? Unfortunately, time can't be paused when in a game marked as online.
IDK if this was reported already, but tamed wolves seem to take random suffocation damage when standing on wooden planks placed before the update, tested it with other mobs with different lighting levels but it seems wolves are the only ones taking damage, I also tested it by replacing all the wooden planks on the house with new ones (oak, spruce and birch) and the wolves stopped taking damage. I took a long time doing this and now thanks to this I have to replace all the wood houses I made in my world....