The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
So I'm a new Minecraft player, but have been digesting a lot of material since it's come to the Wii U.
Everyone talks about finding folks to play with, but given how the game works, it seems like Online play will need to be slightly more organized than just "give me your NinID and let's play!"
So here's what I got ...
- I would love to find three other players to join up with in a survival game. I am 35 years old and play games casually, as I'm very busy. I live in the U.S., Central Time Zone. I generally have some time to play between the hours of 9:00pm and 11:30pm during the week, with occasional weekend nights in the same time period. If we could arrange for perhaps one or two game sessions / week, I think that could be fun without becoming a burden.
- As I said, I'm busy, and that's part of my work time as well, so at least some nights, I'd probably be limited to an hour or so of play at a time regularly, with some exceptions.
- I would prefer some older players (at least college age), just to avoid some of the weirdness of interacting online with someone half my age, but I'm not opposed to younger if that's how it has to work out.
- I'm thinking we'd have to Skype to talk live as there is no other in-game communication that I'm aware of (though admittedly I haven't tried yet). Also, we'd probably want to exchange e-mails to coordinate availability, start times, etc. I am an English speaker, so I'm guessing that would probably be a bit of a requirement.
- I can host the game, no problems. But my guess is that there will be times when everyone will not be available, so the MOST available person should probably host. That way some could get together to play on the occasions when one or another individual couldn't make a play session.
If you are interested and available during the times I mentioned, please send me a private message and we'll take it from there. If you have any questions, feel free to post here. Even if we are already friends on NinNetwork with a pretense of playing Minecraft, reply to this specifically if you're interested so that I can try to get that group going.