I was thinking of making a texture pack for a while now but never had enough time or willingness to do so. Lack of skill in making textures was also a problem. But I grew bored of seeing nonstop these same vanilla textures and, as I play with many mods, choosing a texture pack was a pain. Not so many packs offer mod support and when they do it's mostly few most popular ones (There's also a Spahx PureBDCraft with just amazing mod support but it's just not my style sadly). And that's how this project was born. Why searching for an ideal pack if you can just make your own? It's a huge goal but so far it's going fairly good as playing with pixels is so calming for me.
I plan to update all vanilla textures and at least all generated blocks from multiple mods (I'm playing on All The Mods 3 pack with few additions so I will focus on mods from it). It's my prime goal as there's nothing more annoying than beautiful custom packs with standing out 16x16 standard textures from unsupported mods. Items have lower priority but I hope I will get there eventually. It's insane amount of textures so it will take a while.
I'm not skilled in pixel art so these textures aren't ideal but I'm trying to achieve simple (most blocks have only 3-5 colors used, exceptions are more complicated ones like ores), subdued, less saturated look.
I would love to see some feedback as this project is at an early stage and there are so many amazing, beautiful packs around that I'm not so sure if it will be worth anything.
- Full vanilla textures
- Multiple variants for some of the blocks (less boring stone, dirt, cobble etc)
- Connected textures support for at least vanilla and Chisel blocks
- Multiple mod support (atleastterrain blocks for more natural unified look. I'm talking there mostly about generated ores, trees etc.).
- Most of the vanilla terrain textures
- Ghast textures
- Partial Biomes O' Plenty (trees), Chisel (planks) and Immersive Engineering (ores and wood) support
- Rest of vanilla blocks (mostly "technical" ones as crafting table or pistons and few plants, animated textures)
I plan to upload my pack after I finish all vanilla blocks. It will be soon enough.