v0.5 is now available! - The Mainly Focusing on the GUI Update!
- Added title
- Added hotbar
- Added menu selection bars
- Added server connection strength icons
- Added custom preset world names
- Added warning to selecting Morning Star's language pack in language selection menu
- Added resource pack, server, and world selection arrows
- Added title screen panorama
- Hardcore absorbtion heatlh icons now has an evil smile
- Fixed poison health icons being a pixel off and not matching up with the other hearts
- Added inventory GUI
- Added inventory potion effect icons
- Added 1 new splash
- Added chest GUI
- Single block chest GUI is now labeled "Small Chest" to better fit the label in the texture
- Fixed "Wither" status effect not displaying as "Corruption"
- Added furnace GUI
A small update. I'm on a time crunch with fixing my car, balancing my grades, and finding a job, so this is what I could manage.
Also, I had recently integrated the pack with curse! So it's a safer way of downloading the pack without the worrying about clicking on malware filled ads!
Downloading should be instantaneous as well, so that'll be more convenient for you guys!
Speaking of downloads, Morning Star had recently hit 100 downloads (counting the ones from MediaFire)! This is amazing, thank you all!
- Added emerald ore
- Added beacon
- Added regular, cracked, and mossy stone bricks
- Added random variants for regular and mossy stone bricks
- Added ascii font
- Tweaks and adjustments
- Added 15 new splashes
-Made the enchantment glint more glow-ey
- Added cake block
I've also added an extra random variant for the gold ore, and did some balancing in all the currently textures ores, since some textures repeated more often than others. That brown thing is a W.I.P for glow stone, and I also edited cracked stone bricks with random variants added to it
Ooooh! I love the stone bricks! You did it way better than mine!
Thank you! Your stone bricks look really good too!
I've been having trouble with glowstone, so I've decided NOT to include it into v0.7. I wanted to find something that I liked (The last one I had didn't look like it was glowing, but just translucent stones)
- Added "READ ME" .txt file
- Removed random variants for mossy stone bricks
- Edited cracked stone bricks
- Added random variants for cracked stone bricks
- Added netherrack
- Added nether quartz ore
- Removed some splashes
- The debug2 texture file is suffering with a recent loss, please pay respects
- Balanced out random variants in gold ore, lapis lazuli ore, coal ore, iron ore, and cobblestone
- Added an extra random variant texture for gold ore
- Removed the emerald_ore.json file, as it's not being used
- Various minor tweaks and adjustments
- Fixed placed string being invisible
- Edited wheat crops
- Added achievements GUI
- Removed custom names for Stray and Husk (acidentally left in when brainstorming custom mob names)
- Renamed some achievements
- Added most particles (enchanting table particles missing)
- Redid netherrack
- Added color formatting for achievements (the "You've earned a badge!" message is now colored a light blue, etc.)
- Added beacon beam
- Added experience orbs
- Added falling rain and snow
- Added end portal
- Removed stone brick and mushroom block texture files in the Items folder (put in by mistake)
- Removed acacia door.json files, as it's not being used
- Added crafting table GUI
- Added 22 new splashes
- Changed pack description
- Minor tweaks and adjustments
- Added placed redstone dust
- Added redstone repeater
- Added randomized textures for grass block
- Added nether wart crops
- Added glass and stained glass
- Added glowstone
- Redid glowstone dust
- Renamed "Glowstone Dust" to "Glowing Stones" to better match it's look
The glowstone and colored glass make the stage! The glowstone and glowstone dust is animated and looks like light is dancing across the stones. Also, the nether wart crops have bee done, slowly bringing the nether to life
I also redid the netherrack, now giving it's own texture instead of a reused stone. Also, the eyeballs aren't always visible, hopefully to not be mistaken for nether quartz.
The placed redstone dust and repeater have been done as well
When do you think this resource pack will be 100% complete?
Yeesh, I have no idea
Resource packs take a bunch of time to make, and sometimes I get burned out and take long breaks (like, my last break (before this pack was released) lasted for nearly a year). Right now, progress is slow and life is getting in the way, trying to keep up with school and such. I also have to find a job so I can pay for my car.
This project is more like a hobby, where I come in and texture every now and then.
If I had to estimate how long this pack might take, I'd say a year or so. But that's just a very very rough estimate, and plus, a resource pack is never 100% complete, since Mojang continues to add more features and items to the game. (Heck, I hear 1.11 is close to having it's Pre-Release,)
Times like Winter Break, Summer Break, or Spring Break is usually when I'd work on this pack the most, but don't worry, I'll try my hardest so Morning Star doesn't meet the same fate as my other pack, Libertas
Oh I use paint.net too for creating other things. But do you follow any tutorials on youtube or have some plugins? The textures you're making are quite detailed so I guess you used some kind of plugin to help you make patterns?
Actually no, I do everything by hand with this pack.
I just use a ton of references to teach myself the use of dithering and stuff, but I obviously still need work on my technique.
However there are some great tutorials on texturing here on these forums
To be honest, the best way to get better is to practice. Sure, looking at tutorials (like what Dark said) is VERY important, but its good to just start making textures. (Try to use the pencil tool and try avoid using the brush as much as possible.) Another good thing is to look at your favourite packs (find a lot of great packs) and observe how the texture artist makes their textures and look at their technique. I find that to be the best way to understand texturing, but don't copy them pixel by pixel. I found that I developed my own style after observing and imitating their textures.
You will definitely not become the best pixel artist over night, trust me, it takes years. It will take time. Just don't post your first attempt at making a pack. (every great pixel artist's first pack was definitely not the best.) We don't want more rubbish packs filling up PMC and MCF .