Things that are fine:
- Use as placeholders.
- Using as many textures as you've made yourself.
- Using the items or paintings.
- Use as base for mod textures.
- Give clear credit.
- Link back to the Faithful 32x32 thread.
- Be honest about what you are using.
- No money making links.
On remix/tweaked packs:
- Let's Players can share a modified copy with fans.
- Adventure map makers can provide modified copy to go along with it.
If either of the above apply:
- You must distribute through YouTube video descriptions or your series'/map's forum topic and not create a separate thread for the pack.
- To avoid people uploading a video just so they can upload a copy of the pack Let's Players must have a decent number of videos that use the pack and a decent number of subscribers.
- If I decide I don't want you using stuff from the pack then that is final. This will only be the case in unusual circumstances.
- These guidelines can be changed at any time.
So from this it's pretty easy to see that you're allowed to share your pack as long as you include it with a published map, or do it through your Youtube channel. If you do either of these things, you just need to provide clear credit and a link back to the original thread. Finally, you are NOT allowed to create a forum thread to redistribute it no matter what.
Now if you want to make a forum thread (or the like) to redistribute it, you'll need to ask Vattic for permission. And good luck with that because he's left the community so you're basically shut out permanently. Worse yet is that the popular illegal-but-claims-to-be-official updated version that's going around has an even more restrictive license in that it prohibits ALL forms of redistribution no matter what! So if you're using material from that one, you can forget the Youtube and map thing because those allowances are GONE!
Long story short... don't share your custom Faithful pack. Keep it to yourself. Everyone and their dog customizes Faithful for their own liking, so the chance that anyone wants yours is pretty slim. There's already a hundred thousand other remixes out there to compete with. No point in spitting into that ocean, as it were.
Ok, thank you. But I do have one question, when did vattic leave? I was wondering why the download for faithfull moved, and I guess I didn't get the memo... sorry to hear that a great creator has left the community