• Added all 1.9 blocks, aside from the structure blocks. All end related blocks, aside from end stone bricks to be revised
• Re-added most items in the pack that existed before they were all totally removed
• Added items: beetroot, beetroot soup, all books
• Added witch (contributed by SectorC)
• Added horse GUI(contributed by SectorC)
• Added creative inventory
Bluebird was started by Peytonisgreat in 2012. After having multiple discontinuations, Peyton opened the project for community continuation earlier this year. He's been slightly inactive and people have lost interest in the project, so I decided to ask if I could maintain the project for the time being. He agreed and now we're here.
Anyone can contribute, that means you can too, so long as your textures/models/sounds follow this criteria:
• Must be made by you. There is one exception to this rule:
• Can be an edit of a texture, model, or sound contributed or that currently exists in the pack (for example, texturing a furnace around a cobblestone texture)
• Must match bluebird in style, color, theme, and resolution, wherever applicable
By contributing to the project, you acknowledge that:
• Your textures/models/sounds may be edited, and/or redistributed, for the pack
• Your textures/models/sounds may be replaced although previously accepted
• Your textures/models/sounds may be totally rejected
• Structure blocks
• Revision to added 1.9 blocks
• Currently about half are done, not going to list them
• Enchantment table book
• Guardians/guardian beam
• Iron golem
• Lead knot
• Wolves • Witch
• Currently existing mobs need adjustments and unification in style
• Enchantment table
• HUD icons
• Resource pack/server selection arrows
• Status effect icons
• Stream indicator
• Map icons
• Everything else
• Mod support
• Variations of the pack
• Custom models
• Custom sounds
• Anything you want!
(temporarily copied from Peyton's original post)
Q: Why did you discontinue the pack?
A: It comes down to two things, lack of time and lack of interest. I have been a member of this community for nearly 4 years, and over 2 of those years were spent working on Bluebird. Unfortunately, since I am still in school I could only dedicate a certain amount of time to it. Also, I completely lost interest in Minecraft, and the stuff left to do in Bluebird wasn't fun for me to make, so I had no motivating force pushing me to continue the pack.
Q:Why are you starting a continuation?
A: I spent 2 years of my life on this pack. My heart and soul went into this, and people loved it. My thinking was that just because I don't play the game and don't want to work on the pack anymore others should not be unable to play with it.
Q: Can use textures/edits from this pack in my own?
A: For sake of simplicity, I am going to say no. Since this is a continuation pack, separating who's textures are who's will be a pain. If you know for sure who made a particular texture though, you may ask them.
Q: Can I use this pack in my adventure map?
A: Yes, just link back here for the download.
Q: Can I make a video of this pack?
A: Yes, and please send me the video if you do so I can feature it here
Q: How do I get involved with the continuation effort?
A: Simply post some textures in the style of the pack here (Preferably stuff that isn't already done), and I will add it to the pack if it matches well!
Want to help support the pack? Here are some banners for your signature, or wherever else you want to put them!