AuraCraft Resurrection is a forked continuation derivative of the AuraCraft RPG Recension texture pack created by Brooklyn5. You can learn more about the original AuraCraft RPG at http://www.minecraft...books-100k-dls/
This is the first texture pack I have made. I thought it was about time I joined the ranks and contributed something back into the Minecraft Community. I essentially learned from scratch, reverse engineering other works and searching for any information I could gather. Before starting AuraCraft Resurrection I knew nothing about GIMP – now I’m good enough at it.
This project was also fun.
It’s time I launched my creation into the ill-explored skies of thankful and thankless arrogant public scrutiny that is this forum
About this Texture/Resource Pack
AuraCraft RPG was created by Brooklyn5 as a dark and moody feeling RPG style texture pack. I really liked how this pack looked back then. Brooklyn5 stopped updating after Minecraft 1.2.5 and became inactive. The pack’s been dead ever since, until I brought it back.
AuraCraft Resurrection was created entirely by me (twigbang) as continuation of AuraCraft RPG. My project is based on the work began by Brooklyn5. Had he not disappeared I probably would not have created this project. So if anybody sees Brooklyn5, let me know and give him a hug. He’s been inactive for a long while now. I kept AuraCraft in the title to honor him.
Why you should use this pack?
Its up to you
I tried to make the most detailed 16x textures I could. You don’t need a state-of-the-art rig to run this. Notice I said detailed, not realistic. I didn’t want this to look like real life, I wanted something that was faithful to the Minecraft experience and I didn’t want to change the game into something else.
• If Default Minecraft reminds you of earth, AuraCraft will look like Minecraft on a different planet with a binary star and a moon that has its own moon.
• Every material is unique to its source, and items/blocks have the same visual properties as the materials they are crafted from.
• AuraCraft Resurrection has a dark and moody feel. It’s supposed to be mysterious and unsettling. I’ve implemented interactive biome colors that dramatically affect the landscape. The fog is thick so that the viewing distance is impaired.
• Some textures are animated so now you can see the energy certain blocks and items emit.• A dramatic lightmap affects the environment and creates shadows as you explore the world.
• A night skybox shows you just how alien the AuraCraft world is, including falling stars and meteor showers.
• A day time skybox includes large dark storm clouds that randomly drift across the land.• HD fonts - no more ugly default letters
• There is a folder with alternate block textures in the Zip if you don’t like something and want to exchange it
Use MCPatcher for environmental features. MCPatcher is not necessary to run the pack, but it enhances the game play allot! I have not implemented the features to work with Optifine.
Hot and Arid deserts. The color of rust stains the land as minerals oxidize in the sun. You can almost see a sandstorm in the distance. The sky is bright as the suns reflect off the snow and ice. Eerie primordial swamps are thick and dark with rotting vegetation. Strange gasses change the sky to olive drab. The waters are almost black too murky to see through. Don’t drink the water! Mushroom biomes are neat Coniferous forests
The new plant life
Download AuraCraft Resurrection 1.7.x Here updated 02-28-2014
content is used with Brooklyn5’s permission liscense – see his thread for details at top
The content of this texture pack is original to myself (twigbang), Brooklyn5, Bonemouse and SeerahilithesSoothsayer I don’t know where else Brooklyn5 got his textures aside from authors listed in the credits.
All content for this texture pack are
• Hand drawn by me (twigbang)
• Modified forms of Brooklyn5s work done by me (twigbang)
• Hand drawn by Booklyn5
• A modified form of Bonemouses mobskins and lava textures done by Brooklyn5
• The player character skin was produced by SeerahilitheSoothsayer.
Other than those listed, the contents of this pack does not contain any other works by any other texture pack authors
More Legal Stuff
This texture pack/resource pack is made available for download, free of charge, for personal/private use under the Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial NoDerivs 3.0 with the following Amendments:
• You are allowed to modify, remix and use the contents of this pack as a base for projects of personal/private use. Go nuts, have fun! Be inspired!
• You are not allowed to re/distribute the contents of this pack, whether modified or not, without expressed written permission. Just ask me.
• You are allowed to use this pack in a posted video so long as you credit myself (twigbang) and Brooklyn5 AND provide a link to this thread.• You are allowed to use this pack as an official texture/resource pack for a server as long as you credit myself (twigbang) and Brooklyn5 AND provide a link to this thread.
• You are allowed to use/modify this pack for use with an adventure map. You must include the Zip within your map file WITH THE README FILE. You must credit myself (twigbang) and Brooklyn5 AND provide a link to this thread somehow.
In the event that I (twigbang) should become inactive from the thread for a long period of time without notice, neglect updating, die or otherwise disappear off the face of the earth the Minecraft Community is free to continue work on the AuraCraft Resurrection project under the CC BY-NC-ND 3.0 License without any amendments.
Q and A
Why can’t I just use your textures in my own project and make it downloadable like you did, you big jerk!? Why I need your permission!!!!!!!!?
Because minecraftforum.net has made this a rule.
Because AuraCraft Resurrection is a forked continuation derivative of another person’s project. For my part I am bound by permissions Brooklyn5 provides me for using original content. And Brooklyn5 is not around to answer questions nor defend himself. Just ask me and I will probably give you permission so that nobody can complain. I can be reasonable, even to jerks.
Where did the screenshots come from?
My private server and projects I've uploaded on another site
Why don’t you answer my posts?
Not answering is also a response. It could be I don’t understand you, it’s not relevant, it’s been answered before, the obvious troll is being obvious, or I simply didn’t read it
I don’t like such and such a texture, will you change it now pleazzzeeee? 111111 XXXDDDDD ;P ;P ;P
No, you need better justification then that. If the rationale is good, I can change it.
Why do you call it gold? It’s Budder!!!!1111111
I swear. . . I’m so sick and tired of. . . . . . .Do you seriously want my head to explode!? I will go crazy!
/kick player /jail player /kill player /ban player
This pack is quite nice! Love the wools and grass! Although I don't like the water. Seems a bit "milky" and "foggy", but that's just my opinion. Cool pack overall!
I'm pleased all of you like it so far. The water is supposed to be muted and milky. The problem is I can't get it just right. I want light sources to illuminate highlights like the default water but I haven't figured it out yet.
Fire : now matches torches/furnace
dragon egg : it glows/shines now
a few icons
Included alternate textures
This is about as good as it gets. I dont know how else to improve the pack.
Compass, clock & cocoa pods are left default because I never ever use them in game. Sponge is still the derpy default because I like it for some reason. Mob leads and nametag already fit nicely with theme so I left them alone
The mushrooms look nice. Bigger the Better. You can enjoy them by playing twigbang's Ultimate Mushroom Island Here
Yes, I know this is a shameful plug but its my thread.