I really don't care if there is like a 1-10 topics out there giving default HD it's really how people actually texture them HD and not mess up without looking the same as others so really this is a great pack
I really like this texture. Im the one that think that the most realistic they want to make it, the most ugly and flat it looks. I like cartoonish style and semifantasy Like Summerfields, dont like RPG style though. Also I dont want to pass the 32x32, but for this one Im going to try the 64x64, because as I said, the most realistic and high res they want to do, it comes even more ugly to my eyes :s
This is probably the best Texture Pack I have ever laid eyes on. It really FITS Minecraft, and that is something a lot of Texture Packs have trouble doing. They can have the BEST Textures out there, the most DETAILED work ever, and yet, it won't really fit Minecraft.
Take LB PhotoRealism for example: I appreciate and enjoy the efforts put into that Texture Pack, but it just doesn't really seem to make Minecraft look good. It looks... fake. It's just not Minecraft.
This Texture Pack is though. This is a 10/10 Texture Pack for me. I love default, and I love Realism. Default Realism really fits perfectly.
I've been looking for a decent texture pack for my Minecraft for ages. I heavily emphasize "decent:, because I'd swear that's all I could find. I wanted something that gave the impression of realistic stone, wood, etc. while retaining that "Minecraft" feel.
This pack blows my hope of finding a decent pack out of the water. I think I just found an excellent pack.
Keep up the great work! One that I will DEFINITELY be following, waiting for completion. Such a shame I can't really go too high of quality though. I run the 64x64 easily, but I use the IndustrialCraft mod, so all the blocks would really stand out a heck of a lot more than they do now. So sad.
Ok. Thank for update, i like these new blocks . Here are some suggestions, as i said before:
- Wool, especialy red wool have this shading issue wich adds some sort of repetetive pattern to walls made from red wool. Maybe tone ot down or change shading (same thing with smooth stone, it have some sort of shading, wich adds this pattern )
- jungle leaves (with these visible fruits) look wierd somehow. Regural leaves are perfect but jungle leaves need to be redone (i think )
- jungle tree wooden planks are too light.. i like the color of jungle planks in default texture pack, can you change it?
- fire in furnance seems to be better but i would like to see light in that hole, where fire is . and maybe less realistic fire i dont know, but is a lot better.
- cobblestone have to much contrast i think
- and glass, as mentioned by someone else, you can add some sort of reflections or something .
*sorry for my grammar
Thanks for the constructive criticism! I agree on all points
I'll defiantly go over this in the ending phase of the terrain.png image file (image file where all terrain blocks are placed). I agree on all points ;D
I think you should work on the bump maps, so it pops out a bit more. It still looks plain even playing on the lower resolutions.
It's good, though.
It's not weird it looks more plain when you go lower on the resolutions. It usually look more bumped when it's up on 256x and 512x. I really do want to do the bump-mapping, but first I need to finish it.
Also, I really don't know how to do it, to be honest, but I'll figure it out/hopefully there's tutorials :/
I absolutely LOVE this texture pack. The one thing I don't 100% like is cloth. It looks a little bumpy and less "weaved". I used a texture pack similar to this a long time ago (this one), and I like the way the cloth looked in that one. Thanks for looking into it!